Thread: Walther KK300

Walther KK300

Some advice please....

Looking at getting a new KK300 for prone and also 25 yard bench rest.

I've tried the alutec stock version and I like it. I can see that also available is the blacktec version which seems cheaper.

Any thoughts or views please between the two.

Thanks

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Kk300

They are a superb rifle, I've had an Alutec KK300, light barrel, for 5 years and I have no interest in changing, I average just under 98 with it, and have no interest in changing. The trigger is superb, and the Standard Sport sight is as good as any thing on the market, and the butt plate is the excelent MEC free, although I have different butt plate and sights on mine, thats just personal preference, the standard ones are perfectly adequate.

BUT, its now being phased out and replaced by the KK500. My wife also had a KK300 until last year when she changed to the KK500, The advantages of the KK500 shorter bolt system suit the smaller shooter as she can shoot prone staying in position and with out moving either elbow to load with the KK500, but she still averaged over 98 with her KK300 and would not have changed had the KK500 not come out.

There are a few S/H KK300's about, and there may be some new KK300 Alutecs in the system but they are being phased out, the Blacktec KK300 has been introduced as a cheaper option than the KK500, I actualy prefer the Blacktec stock to the Alutec, its very simple and functional and I'm sure will shoot as well as the Alutec. The Blacktec has an ambi pistol grip and cheek piece ( I think both plastic), and a basic butt plate, all done to keep the cost down. The best new option would be the Blacktec Plus, which has the new Blacktec stock but the pistol grip and cheek piece is the better wood ones, nice shape and better, and a better butt plate, but its more costly, in Germany, its close to the cost of the discontinued there KK300 Alutec, and I'm not sure if the Blacktec Plus is going to be imported to the UK as its only shown on the Walther site as Germany only.

Have Fun and Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Sundance,

Robin is right, it's a great rifle. The only complaint I have found is that the bolt can't be completely stripped by hand, unlike the Anschutz Match 54. That's a very minor gripe.

Dealers may have a KK300 alutec somewhere, but I've only seen the Blacktec listed since the KK500 was launched.

If you don't mind second hand look at the KK200 as well. The stock is the same, and later KK200s have the same trigger.
    Last edited by tim s; 15-04-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Thanks gents.

Thank you for the helpful information.