Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SinglePoint turret caps?

SinglePoint turret caps?

Hi,

Looking for a pair of turret caps for a SinglePoint sight. Bought mine new from Sussex Armoury in about '79. Lent the sight to a "mate" some years ago and he returned it without turret caps and had "no idea" where they went! (Note to self;...Did I EVER get something I lent back either complete, undamaged,... or back at ALL?)

Want to put the sight on my Jackal Hi-Power now.
    My sight has, (had) the regular screw on type caps, not the rubber covers. Cant remember if the originals were alloy or plastic?
    I know there's almost ZERO chance of finding originals! (?) and nothing else off any of my other scopes fits for an easier option, so any other suggestions will be very welcome. I'd prefer to have a roughly original appearance tho'.

Many thanks!
    Last edited by skyblue465; 25-09-2017 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Update

Give Protek supplies a call at http://proteksupplies.co.uk/ as they certainly have some Jackels in at the moment, and spare stocks, so may be able to point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    Give Protek supplies a call at http://proteksupplies.co.uk/ as they certainly have some Jackels in at the moment, and spare stocks, so may be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the info',..just tried them, very helpful shop, but no luck there unfortunately.

"BUMP!"

Still looking for the above.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks!

STILL looking for a pair,......if anyone can help?
    Many thanks.

Still DESPERATELY searching!... if anyone can help or give any leads?
    Many thanks!

caps

Think both sets are like rockin horse poo to get hold of, I have been looking for the rubber ones for quite a while but good luck with the hunt, Col

You would have more chance asking on a Star Wars forum ..

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    Think both sets are like rockin horse poo to get hold of, I have been looking for the rubber ones for quite a while but good luck with the hunt, Col
    Yep, I know I’ve a VERY slim chance.
    If I come across any rubber ones on my quest tho’, I’ll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    You would have more chance asking on a Star Wars forum ..
    The irony is,..you’re very probably right in fact.

Yes, I know I sounded facetious, but I wasn't really. That's where they've all gone.
    I had one in the eighties, it just had the plastic snap on caps and the clear dome on the front (only second choice for Han Solo wannabees). It worked well and I could shoot very accurately with it.

Bump!

STILL searching,....(To little avail!).

Found a guy in the States who, (Would you believe?) makes dummy Singlepoint kits for the Star Wars fraternity!

The turret caps in the kit are solid "slugs" which are also far too long as they insert into the sight tube into a circular recess.
    Apart from that, the outward appearance looks original and to scale.

I at least hoped I could shorten and bore out the "caps" to fit over the threads of my sight. Even if only secured by an o-ring or decent tape fitted inside the cap so they would cut a thread on to a fashion, (As I think trying to thread them would be nigh on impossible?).

Anyway.., the guy seems a bit odd tbh,. Several times I've explained what I want to do. He either constantly gets the wrong end of the stick and says they won't fit, (When I JUST explained to him that I KNOW THAT and want to MODIFY them to do so!) Seems like he cant be bothered to read the email properly!......Or he then promises to list a pair of the dummy caps for me on an auction site, then fails to do so! (TWICE!).

It's got to the stage where I wish he'd just told ME to F off in the first place and not wasted either of our time.

So if ANYBODY has a pair, or clue where I may find a pair of originals? I'd be eternally grateful.
    My only other option is to find a friendly local turner,..... but also a bit difficult without originals to copy.

Thanks!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Turn some Nylon or similar ones perhaps?
    I agree, nylon would be easier. I’d like them to look as original as possible tho’ and the parallel line knurling may be tricky with nylon (?).
    3D printing may be an extreme last resort option? (Again If I only had one to scan).

The annoying thing is,.. I’m SURE there’s an abundance of similar caps out there somewhere off some other scope/s that would screw right on,....but what? (They’re 18mm i/d iirc).

Some of you may have known or heard of Gillie Howe of Modern and Antique Firearms at Tuckton,.. he was just the sort of chap who would probably have had a HUGE drawer marked “Miscellaneous turret caps!”
    Great man, sadly no longer with us.

skyblue465,

My SinglePoint also came back from a friend 'capless'

Have fun & a good Bank Holiday

Best regards

Russ