Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New British Made Air Rifle

New British Made Air Rifle

Is there room for a new British airguns manufacturer? Theoben has been gone 5 years, is there room for another high quality rifle?

Plenty of room. Not convinced about the demand.

Quote Originally Posted by wildrover77 View Post
    Is there room for a new British airguns manufacturer? Theoben has been gone 5 years, is there room for another high quality rifle?
    impact bought theobens machinery but they have stopped building rifles. now doing spares ,servicing and screw cutting airgun, rim fire, and centre fire barrels. cerakoting rifles . re loading equipment too.

and selling other brands of guns and outdoor clothing and so on via a sister company from their impact building.

http://selectivearms.co.uk/

Very odd that there is no mention of Impact or Theoben on there new website

Quote Originally Posted by mikebbikes View Post
    Very odd that there is no mention of Impact or Theoben on there new website
    impact have their own website . http://www.impactairguns.co.uk/ same owner different divisions .

yes strange that the selective arms does not have impact on theirs. maybe keeping them separate like curry and Dixon's was the same owners but different shops.

http://www.pneumaticballistics.com/p...-air-rifle-fac

Anybody got one?

Always room for something different!

Something like the Snowpeak Artemis M-30 with the barrel down the centre of the air cylinder and semi automatic cocking system!
    BASC Member

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    What an interesting looking bit of kit. As severnsider asks, anyone got one? Anything in any of the air gun mags (oh Terry, pointers please ) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Surely people already know of this company ? I haven't before now though ..

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Well I'm sure people would be interested if said new company can produce the long awaited "Air Arms break barrel" we all desire and if it has all the bits and bobs inside and out that we all drool over then I'm sure they would have a good chance of success.

And does it always have to be a PCP, there are far too many PCP's on the market as there is and most of the top quality ones are already made by British companies.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Well I'm sure people would be interested if said new company can produce the long awaited "Air Arms break barrel" we all desire and if it has all the bits and bobs inside and out that we all drool over then I'm sure they would have a good chance of success.

And does it always have to be a PCP, there are far too many PCP's on the market as there is and most of the top quality ones are already made by British companies.

Pete
    Never mind a new company, I think there would be a market for a new, high quality British break barrel from either the Air Arms or BSA stable. It wouldn't even need to be anything totally new or revolutionary, just a 25mm bore, sturdy barrel hinge and lock up and CD / Rekord stylee trigger and two latch rod lengths for UK / unlimited power markets....job done.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

So what spec does a PCP have to be to be successfully launched? Large shot count? Magazine fed? Side lever or Bolt action or other? Small and compact? Traditional looking or race gun style?

And how about a springer? Gas ram or spring? Traditional or race gun style? Break barrel or Under lever?

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    What an interesting looking bit of kit. As severnsider asks, anyone got one? Anything in any of the air gun mags (oh Terry, pointers please ) ...
    They were written up in AGW last year.

For the rest, BSA has gone, as has Webley. Theoben has gone. AA continues, but absorbed Falcon. S&P/Brocock were legislated away and Brocock is now part of Daystate (I think). As for Parker-Hale, List, Alros... Whiscombe and Mike Childs (Skan) retired.

So the auguries are not good. There are also serious issues around the industrial skills base, productivity, and business overheads.

Basically, to be successful now, you need to make either exclusive luxury items, or price-competitive, feature packed guns that you can make in sufficient volume to attract a big US distributor. I doubt anything British can do the latter, set against the Turks, Spanish and Chinese.

Unless my memory is playing tricks I'm pretty sure this company had a stand at the Northern Shooting Show last year

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Unless my memory is playing tricks I'm pretty sure this company had a stand at the Northern Shooting Show last year
    They were featured in AGW a while back. As for new airguns, I am of the opinion that the UK sub 12 law is killing the industry.

A.G