Ah a Webley Venom Sidewinder a thing of joy one of my all time favourite air rifles sadly for me sold along with all of my air rifle collection started collecting in 1978 until 1987 when like a fool I got married.
What a mistake that was married two weeks before a NI tour missed my R&R thanks to a bloody court case in province returned home four and a bit months later no wife no car no bank account no rifles even the guns in the gun safe were sold evil cow. The only bit of satisfaction was that Mr Plod had her for having the centre fire and rim fire rifles away.

Motto of the story never trust a women with your treasured positions I re-married in 91 and made dammed sure that when I went away all my babies went to Familie just in case. Only when I left the forces did all my babies come home to stay which caused a few issues with the ammount and still does.

I would love a truly British company to make a break barrel I'm fed up with the clinical German stuff the cheap and cheerful Turkish stuff. Dnt get me started on Gamo even worce. Daystate not even a British company any more all they do is assemble the guns from imports dnt get me wrong I love them once they have been back to get the normal leaks and low power sorted and own a fair few.

The killer is America our little 12lb rifles have zero interest to them all they care about is power and more power and no matter what a springer is in now way going to keep them happy and the UK well yes they would sell but in only low amounts you could build a properly machined rifle for say £400 that would just about break even until the bean counters get involved and the well machined parts vanish to be replaced by cheap Chinese ones and bobs your uncle a crap rifle appears.

We at one point dominated the world with our machine know how until the 70s when every thing went tits up and the slow move from producer to importer started add in the stupid strikes week in week out.