Thread: Hw110

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hw110

I went to my local gun shop for some subsonic Eley RF.22 sub sonic, and came away with a HW110, .177as well as the ammo.
    Well , it just felt right from the moment i shouldered it !(it was my 60th Birthday), Last Monday

The magazine ,is a bit fiddly to start with , but once you get used to, it its easy.

You get two 10 shot magazines,, the famous HW Moderator, a rubber coated beech stock (which is a marmite thing).
    It would be nice to have sling swivels fitted as standard to finish it off.
    I chrono'd the thing after filling it with air , and the variation over 50 shots was 8.2 ft/p/second.

It eventually dropped off the regulator after 110 shots , (its in the name). The accuracy was outstanding.
    The cylinder on the 110 , is fixed , so no slow air leaks (re HW100'S) Ive owned.

I am extremely pleased with it so far, as its already bagged a couple of bunnies.
    Peace through superior fire power!

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Although I prefer the appearance of the HW100 sporter, I would also go for the HW110.

For weight reduction, shot capacity and balance. These things are more important than aesthetics. I could live with the stock. It's certainly an improvement on the thumbhole HW100. As for the use of polymer, sure aluminium looks nicer, but scratches more easily.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

It is very "pointable" , and has the desired trajectory of a .177, and the shot count of a .22.no sweet spot , So its a Win win.

Impressive new model from Weihrauch, good balance and weight. I agree the mags are a bit fiddly but given the very good price easy to overlook. Black stock feels good but it's a shame there's no single shot adapter, hopefully there will be in the future. Enjoy your birthday present, I'm sure it will serve you well!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Impressive new model from Weihrauch, good balance and weight. I agree the mags are a bit fiddly but given the very good price easy to overlook. Black stock feels good but it's a shame there's no single shot adapter, hopefully there will be in the future. Enjoy your birthday present, I'm sure it will serve you well!
    Yes I also totally agree with the above

I'm now on my second HW110 and both have also been in .177 the first one I sold on in haste as I had another pcp and couldn't justify both so one had to go

A club member bought it from me and I regretted selling it the moment I handed it over

Fast forward a few weeks and I then sold the other pcp and floated about with cheaper pcp's but in the back of my mind I really wanted to go back to the HW110 so sold up again ready to fund my latest HW110.

This time I won't be so hasty I also love the balance and weight with the bonus of a biggish shot count for such a compact rifle, I'm now getting used to the fiddly mag system which is really it's only bugbear.

Really are a cracking rifle and it certainly ticks most boxes

The magazines seem to be going in and out , with much greater ease , the more I use them .
    I drilled the stock and fitted sling studs, as the 'stock fixing socket cap' which can be replaced by a stud, definitely does not have enough
    thread in the receiving, section , to support the use of a sling. (In my opinion, as a mechanical engineer).
    There is a section of the stock 25mm (1 inch) 'towards the barrel' end , which is certainly thick enough to drill and insert
    sling mounts.

The rifle continues to impress.