Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw110

Hw110

I went to my local gun shop for some subsonic Eley RF.22 sub sonic, and came away with a HW110, .177as well as the ammo.
    Well , it just felt right from the moment i shouldered it !(it was my 60th Birthday), Last Monday

The magazine ,is a bit fiddly to start with , but once you get used to, it its easy.

You get two 10 shot magazines,, the famous HW Moderator, a rubber coated beech stock (which is a marmite thing).
    It would be nice to have sling swivels fitted as standard to finish it off.
    I chrono'd the thing after filling it with air , and the variation over 50 shots was 8.2 ft/p/second.

It eventually dropped off the regulator after 110 shots , (its in the name). The accuracy was outstanding.
    The cylinder on the 110 , is fixed , so no slow air leaks (re HW100'S) Ive owned.

I am extremely pleased with it so far, as its already bagged a couple of bunnies.
    Peace through superior fire power!

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Although I prefer the appearance of the HW100 sporter, I would also go for the HW110.

For weight reduction, shot capacity and balance. These things are more important than aesthetics. I could live with the stock. It's certainly an improvement on the thumbhole HW100. As for the use of polymer, sure aluminium looks nicer, but scratches more easily.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

It is very "pointable" , and has the desired trajectory of a .177, and the shot count of a .22.no sweet spot , So its a Win win.

Impressive new model from Weihrauch, good balance and weight. I agree the mags are a bit fiddly but given the very good price easy to overlook. Black stock feels good but it's a shame there's no single shot adapter, hopefully there will be in the future. Enjoy your birthday present, I'm sure it will serve you well!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Impressive new model from Weihrauch, good balance and weight. I agree the mags are a bit fiddly but given the very good price easy to overlook. Black stock feels good but it's a shame there's no single shot adapter, hopefully there will be in the future. Enjoy your birthday present, I'm sure it will serve you well!
    Yes I also totally agree with the above

I'm now on my second HW110 and both have also been in .177 the first one I sold on in haste as I had another pcp and couldn't justify both so one had to go

A club member bought it from me and I regretted selling it the moment I handed it over

Fast forward a few weeks and I then sold the other pcp and floated about with cheaper pcp's but in the back of my mind I really wanted to go back to the HW110 so sold up again ready to fund my latest HW110.

This time I won't be so hasty I also love the balance and weight with the bonus of a biggish shot count for such a compact rifle, I'm now getting used to the fiddly mag system which is really it's only bugbear.

Really are a cracking rifle and it certainly ticks most boxes

The magazines seem to be going in and out , with much greater ease , the more I use them .
    I drilled the stock and fitted sling studs, as the 'stock fixing socket cap' which can be replaced by a stud, definitely does not have enough
    thread in the receiving, section , to support the use of a sling. (In my opinion, as a mechanical engineer).
    There is a section of the stock 25mm (1 inch) 'towards the barrel' end , which is certainly thick enough to drill and insert
    sling mounts.

The rifle continues to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderbeest View Post
    The magazines seem to be going in and out , with much greater ease , the more I use them .
    I drilled the stock and fitted sling studs, as the 'stock fixing socket cap' which can be replaced by a stud, definitely does not have enough
    thread in the receiving, section , to support the use of a sling. (In my opinion, as a mechanical engineer).
    There is a section of the stock 25mm (1 inch) 'towards the barrel' end , which is certainly thick enough to drill and insert
    sling mounts.

The rifle continues to impress.
    Must admit I'm used to the magazine system now and don't give it a second thought.

At first I found it a little awkward but it soon becomes second nature and as you mention they seem to slot in and out easier after use.

Mine already had some nice silver studs fitted front and rear by the previous owner.

Look pretty good contrasted with the black tactical stock etc I only really use the front stud for a bipod as I have no real need for a sling.

The front stud is a replacement for the original fixing not sure who makes it and I've not taken it out to check its length etc but it seems plenty secure to me especialy for bipod use.

I've never noticed it altering the POI either with or without the bipod on as there are rumours that replacement bolts with the QD stud on the HW100 & HW110 using a bipod can put strange pressures on the barrel clamp assembly which in turn could potentially alter POI.

I've also found that Acupell FT pellets are really good through it and so far are my tightest groups.

I have put a stud in the front bolt location , for bi-pod use only .

I bought a UTG Bugbuster scope, which comes with QD Mounts , and bought some QD mounts for the Photon XT
    so now i can change from day scope to night scope in seconds , with very little or no change in zero, once initially
    set up. The picattiny rail , is extremely handy.

I have a BSA r10 SE .22 FAC locked up in the gun cabinet almost redundant!

I had a play with one of these and a Hatsan Gladius last night. Talk about chalk and cheese! I'm leaning towards to HW110 because it impressed me greatly. I think I'd have a new stock made for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
    I had a play with one of these and a Hatsan Gladius last night. Talk about chalk and cheese! I'm leaning towards to HW110 because it impressed me greatly. I think I'd have a new stock made for it though.
    I have one and my god its good , i also have two HW100k ,which i thought would take some beating !!

been thinking of getting one of these,after reading the reviews my minds made up I'm going for one

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderbeest View Post
    I have put a stud in the front bolt location , for bi-pod use only .

I bought a UTG Bugbuster scope, which comes with QD Mounts , and bought some QD mounts for the Photon XT
    so now i can change from day scope to night scope in seconds , with very little or no change in zero, once initially
    set up. The picattiny rail , is extremely handy.

I have a BSA r10 SE .22 FAC locked up in the gun cabinet almost redundant!
    Hi wilderbeest,I have a hw110 comeing so i want to get mounts sorted before it comes!!,i too have a photon XT,can i ask which QD mounts do i need the useual ones or the reach forward/back mounts for correct eye releive,Thank you.
    rgds stubbs4612

Front sling stud fleabay

Hi not sure if of interest but the front sling stud which replaces the front stock one for the HW 110 is available on fleabay.

Sorry i know its way to late, sorry . UTG Quick detach mounts , are very reasonable priced for the quality.

The 110 has now had 10 tins through it , it has been very successful in the field on Squirrels and Rabbits.

I have read of one case where a 110 was being sold because of diminishing power output,????
    Well , I chrono'd mine when new , and again today below are the facts and figures.
    Both streams used the same chrono , and were shot in the same conditions,;
    AA Diablo 8.4 grain .

11/04/2017;New . 781.8 /794.9/794.6/778.0/774.6/768.0/782.2/777.0/781.4/787.6.

10/10/2017; 798.6/796.6/787.0/787.3/790.5/781.9/784.4/790.1/787.4/790.7.

I dont think that's too bad is it?
    Last edited by Wilderbeest; 10-10-2017 at 06:06 PM. Reason: mistrype

Fitting sling

Hi parts are on fleabay for110 replacement front stud also a rear adapter plate with stud fitted fit's between the butt pad and rifle stock no drilling needed longer screw required link to stud http://www./itm/WEIHRAUCH-HW110-HW99...wAAOSwwpdW3XUX link to butt plate http://www./itm/BLACK-RIFLE-SLING-PL...sAAOSwo4pYgc7Q