Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHenderson View Post
`Twang` or `Boing`
... what say you TonyL
Haha!

Hey up young Graham.

Long time no see and I hope you're keeping well. And please pass on my regards to Eddie.

Twang? Boing? Dunno really.

The first ever meet was called the Spring Rifle Gathering. Then a Spring Gun Gathering was also mentioned.

Now......I could be very wrong here but, maybe, just maybe the affectionate term "Boinger" actually came from yourself, Graham, and the many chats and banter we used to have and it sort of stuck and it also sorta goes with "Bash", too.

As I say, maybe.

BOING just sounds like more fun!

Twang, to me, although informal, sounds, maybe, slightly more technical-ish? No? Okay then.

"Shooting me Twanger", although sounding like fun, could also be a musical instrument?

If we want more technical, we could call it "resonance".

And you know when you see kids' cartoons and there are often boinging noises, so boing just seems to me to be funnier.

Now, most of the spring powered air rifles and pistols we see at Quigley Hollow (most, not all) are resonance free.

But Boinger Bash still sounds fun and cool?!

And it's about time you dropped in on a Bash, Graham. You'd love it, mister, as I know you like camping and the evening, er, entertainment would be most excellent. C'mon, do it.....lots of PCPs there, too.

Anyways, off to work soon........

BOING!!