Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ProSport - to de twang or not.....

A prosport Shouldn't twang at all considering what they cost new!! It can't cost much in relation to what the gun costs to fit proper fitting guides a piston sleeves. No wonder Nick does so well.

My ProSport is 1 of 2 untouched rifles and I've got and I have 16 of them. I can assure you though the moment it starts to Boing I will be ordering a TbT kit of guides to get rid of that boing. I have done a lot of
    de-boinging rifles and only recently my HW80 developed a boing of which I will be sorting out tomorrow with a TbT pro kit. I may be putting the kiss of death on this, but as of yet none of my rifles have lost accuracy by putting a set of guides in them. They are not hard to do, but you get such a sense of satisfaction when your rifle is very quiet and shoots beautifully, knowing you made it that way.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

If it's just twanging but great in every other way have a look to see if it has any grease in it?
    It might be bone dry like my two hatsans were, all you would need is some proper Lube not to much and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    but as of yet none of my rifles have lost accuracy by putting a set of guides in them. They are not hard to do, but you get such a sense of satisfaction when your rifle is very quiet and shoots beautifully, knowing you made it that way.
    Yes to this and Dayglowfroggy's post.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    A friend's TX was twangy. The steel guide was rattling around in the spring. I put a spare delrin one in. The zero didn't change the gun just sounded better.

Pete
    Pete

OK Gents

I'm convinced - a replacement Spring guide matched to the Spring, is on its way.....

Many thanks

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    OK Gents

I'm convinced - a replacement Spring guide matched to the Spring, is on its way.....

Many thanks

Steve
    Might be worth taking the spring out and seeing how much moly grease is on it first. It's probably quite dry and needs a
    re-lube that's all. The AA rifles are a doddle to remove the main spring anyway.

Mystified ...

`Twang` or `Boing`
    ... what say you TonyL
    . . . Please INDICATE when overtaking cyclists !!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHenderson View Post
    `Twang` or `Boing`
    ... what say you TonyL

What we need is a "smack your head against a wall with vigour" emoji.

Don't <smack> ever <smack> say <smack> Fooking <smack> Boiing <smack> again <smack>!

Just saying like.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

Don't <smack> ever <smack> say <smack> Fooking <smack> Boiing <smack> again <smack>!

Just saying like.
    I bet you're a barrel of laughs at the boinger bash

I can just see you and TonyL in the corner of the field exchanging insults and screaming "BOINGER", "NO! SPRINGER", "BOINGER", "FOOKING SPRINGER" and so on in a Chuckle brothers stylee

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHenderson View Post
    `Twang` or `Boing`
    ... what say you TonyL
    Haha!

Hey up young Graham.

Long time no see and I hope you're keeping well. And please pass on my regards to Eddie.

Twang? Boing? Dunno really.

The first ever meet was called the Spring Rifle Gathering. Then a Spring Gun Gathering was also mentioned.

Now......I could be very wrong here but, maybe, just maybe the affectionate term "Boinger" actually came from yourself, Graham, and the many chats and banter we used to have and it sort of stuck and it also sorta goes with "Bash", too.

As I say, maybe.

BOING just sounds like more fun!

Twang, to me, although informal, sounds, maybe, slightly more technical-ish? No? Okay then.

"Shooting me Twanger", although sounding like fun, could also be a musical instrument?

If we want more technical, we could call it "resonance".

And you know when you see kids' cartoons and there are often boinging noises, so boing just seems to me to be funnier.

Now, most of the spring powered air rifles and pistols we see at Quigley Hollow (most, not all) are resonance free.

But Boinger Bash still sounds fun and cool?!

And it's about time you dropped in on a Bash, Graham. You'd love it, mister, as I know you like camping and the evening, er, entertainment would be most excellent. C'mon, do it.....lots of PCPs there, too.

Anyways, off to work soon........

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I bet you're a barrel of laughs at the boinger bash

I can just see you and TonyL in the corner of the field exchanging insults and screaming "BOINGER", "NO! SPRINGER", "BOINGER", "FOOKING SPRINGER" and so on in a Chuckle brothers stylee

Pete
    What happens at The Hollow stays at The Hollow.

So, if you don't ever come along, you'll never know.

C'mon, join us one day.

BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

Just saying like.
    Not quite sure what you're trying to say there, Nick.

BOING!

Hey, anyways, thank goodness for boingers. The boingier the better, in fact. Without the Boing in the first place, less people would be needing to de-boing their boingers.

And Tinbum Tuning might have been Tinbum Tickling!

BOING!!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Not quite sure what you're trying to say there, Nick.

BOING!

Hey, anyways, thank goodness for boingers. The boingier the better, in fact. Without the Boing in the first place, less people would be needing to de-boing their boingers.

And Tinbum Tuning might have been Tinbum Tickling!

BOING!!
    I have just rebuilt my Walther LP53. Guess what noise it made?

In fact, it didn't even make the noise, it was almost as if it said "Boiing!" when I pulled the trigger?
    A pistol possesed by the evil spirit of TonyL. £10 anyone..
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I would like to add, a gun that's not accurate to start out probably won't be cured by a kit. Always start with an accurate gun. I have one old TX that currently has a bit of a buzz to the cycle, but it's so accurate I'm not even bothered by the noise.