Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ProSport - to de twang or not.....

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have just rebuilt my Walther LP53. Guess what noise it made?

In fact, it didn't even make the noise, it was almost as if it said "Boiing!" when I pulled the trigger?
    A pistol possesed by the evil spirit of TonyL. £10 anyone..
    Is the £10 for the gun or evil spirit?

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have just rebuilt my Walther LP53. Guess what noise it made?

In fact, it didn't even make the noise, it was almost as if it said "Boiing!" when I pulled the trigger?
    A pistol possesed by the evil spirit of TonyL. £10 anyone..
    Sounds like it needs to come home with me, Nick!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    I have a dilemma:

I have an AA TX 200 HC Mk 3 - with a V-Mach kit fitted - feels great, No twang at all, shot cycle great and groups well, Very well indeed....but not as accurate as my ProSport, albeit, 'straight out of the box & bog standard' and with a slight twang.

I don't want to ruin an exceptionally accurate ProSport for the sake a the twang reduction.

BTW both in 0.177 flavour and only used for tin chickens.

Any ideas?

Cheers Steve
    If your happy with the V-Mach kit fitted to your TX why would you not be happy with one fitted in the Pro Sport.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

Prosport

Hi Guys
    Ive just bought a tidy .177 PS after a good few years without a springer, It shoots ok and the owner says its never been apart, but I want to open it up and at least look inside the old girl, now Ive read loads and heard good things about the 22mm conversion by Mr Leach

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by venoman View Post
    If your happy with the V-Mach kit fitted to your TX why would you not be happy with one fitted in the Pro Sport.
    What's the point in spending a damn fortune on a V-mach kit (and make the PS even harder to cock because of the stiffer spring) when all he needs to do is spend a small amount on a couple of Delrin guides to eliminate the twang and keep the spring already in it.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    What's the point in spending a damn fortune on a V-mach kit (and make the PS even harder to cock because of the stiffer spring) when all he needs to do is spend a small amount on a couple of Delrin guides to eliminate the twang and keep the spring already in it.

Pete
    I took the ProSport to the club this morning and although as Accurate as ever.... the twang got to me. I used my HW98 instead and had a quiet twang free completion - with not too shabby result

I'd forgotten how good that particular 98 is - well its really a bit of a Frankenstein rifle - a 95 action, short stoked with one of Mr Bum's kits, with a 98 barrel and 98 stock.

As for the ProSport - I'm going for a set of Delrin guides and utilise the original spring me thinks.

Cheers Steve

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    I took the ProSport to the club this morning and although as Accurate as ever.... the twang got to me. I used my HW98 instead and had a quiet twang free completion - with not too shabby result

I'd forgotten how good that particular 98 is - well its really a bit of a Frankenstein rifle - a 95 action, short stoked with one of Mr Bum's kits, with a 98 barrel and 98 stock.

As for the ProSport - I'm going for a set of Delrin guides and utilise the original spring me thinks.

Cheers Steve
    A sensible idea, Air Arms springs are very good quality and if the rifle is shooting spot on already then all it needs is the delrin guides fitted to detwang it, don't even worry about taking the piston out.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in