Thread: "The Air Gun as a Serious Weapon" by H Marks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

second thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by cringe View Post
    Calm down, chill , relax,
    Hello again, I've only been on this forum for about a week, & am feeling really guilty about stirrings things up ! I can't sleep at night! please help? When I read the rules/introduction etc. does it not mention something about a vote or poll?
    Could one of you more computer knowing people set up a vote? ie: is an air gun a weapon? or not?
    second thought's I say no, this debate is getting boring , we all no what we feel inside! & we perceive our toys to be toys,
    But ! OMG 50th edition of "Action Man" "WHAT " !!! -- some sort of "f" baller [honestly, what is the world coming to?]

Just looked at the title of this thread and remembered a 'Guns and Ammo' US Magazine (still going) article from about 1977 with the airgun as a home defence weapon !!!!!

seemed to remember the BSA Scorpion and Webley Premier were the favoured tools.

Strange really as the Americans, even then, were in .44 magnum ' make my day' territory whilst us over the pond were struggling to reach 12ft /lbs with German technology .

My Airsporter of the day ( Mk4 or Mk5 .22 was 10 ft/lbs on a ballistic pendulum) until I bought a S/H BSF B55 .177 from MAG and put an export spring in .

No matter how much money you had in 1977 ( I was 15) the top of the range was a FWB 124 / 127 ( £86) plus an Apel OPM and a Tasco 2-7 x 32 about £30.

How times have changed