Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
An airgun is a weapon, something designed to cause bodily harm or damage, id say an airgun falls into that catagory.
I know where people are coming from, to serious airgun users they're not weapons as you imagine a weapon something that is used against people, our quarry has a body also and an airgun will cause damage, a knife is a weapon and a bow or crossbow, they're designed for that purpose, to use a thing as a weapon is different, a brick or a lump of wood can become a weapon but a gun will always be a weapon.
I have to disagree with you, my friend. I've just eaten my dinner and there's no way the knife I used was a weapon.

Airguns may look like weapons, but that doesn't mean they are weapons, although it certainly suits some people to blur the distinction.

A match airgun is not designed to cause bodily harm or damage to anything other than a paper target.

Whether a device used to kill small mammals and birds can ever be classified as a weapon (assuming we are not talking about a Girandoni) is open for debate. The word is more properly reserved for human targets.