Thread: Haenel 310-5

Haenel 310-5

According to the Blue Book of Airguns, the 310-5 bolt action air rifle was fitted with a drum rather than stick magazine.

I thought the main difference from the 310-2 / 310-3 was the non adjustable trigger, whilst the 310-4 had a squarer profiled stock.

Has anyone on here seen a 310 with a drum mag'?

John
    Last edited by Josie & John; 16-04-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Mine is a stick mag. How would they fit a drum? Not sure how that would work?

Difficult to imagine Haenel re-engineeing the 310 so it could cycle a drum magazine for the 310-5. As far as I am aware it was a stick mag on earlier and later examples.
    Also, Waffencenter Gotha do not list a drum magazine for the Haenel and I'm almost certain they would given the amount of Haenel spares they hold.

Thanks both - those are my thoughts too.

I was wondering if I'd missed something...

John

The Blue Book is great, but not always accurate. In mine I have noticed that:

- the picture used for the Beeman R9 is an R10 (and vice versa);
    - the Beeman (Theoben) SLR98 is listed as made in Germany.

And some of the detail on Dianas and HWs is either vague, or not quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The Blue Book is great, but not always accurate. In mine I have noticed that:

- the picture used for the Beeman R9 is an R10 (and vice versa);
    - the Beeman (Theoben) SLR98 is listed as made in Germany.

And some of the detail on Dianas and HWs is either vague, or not quite right.
    The trouble is I believe many of the historical errors have been pointed out to the publishers but they keep appearing in every updated issue including the 12th.

I think with over 800 pages, the time has come to split the publication into two bi-annual volumes. One encompassing all that's new and the other a properly updated comprehensive volume dealing with vintage guns.

John