Quote Originally Posted by RobJ View Post
Well Dave doesn't make the LGV spec spring anymore so I ended up on that German site and ordered the 16j spring that also came with a guide, some small washers and some grease.

When I opened it I didn't think the guide would fit in the spring it was that tight. I got it in, then I couldn't pull it out, not even with pliers!! Luckily there was enough clearance to fit it in the trigger unit, get some abbey gun grease on the spring and retest.

The fact that the original guide would allow the original spring to easily slide up and down yet this new set up was totally fixed, suggested something was different.

10 shot string, 6fps variation and averaging 11.5, not a buzz or twang or anything other than a single ' thwock' on firing! This is how the rifle should have been (and it was still the most accurate springer I had shot!).

I will monitor the power closely as it beds in but what a change. I only wish Umerex did spares in the UK because while it was cheaper than a UK drop in kit, it still set me back £34 to get it here.

I've got the original LGV spring spare if anyone wants it gratis! Drop me a PM.

ATB
Rob
Rob got a couple or 3 of these kit springs here if you have any more issues.