Thread: Decimal scoring...

Decimal scoring...

Forgive my ignorance but I have the option of decimal scoring on my Target Scan app and was wondering what it actually is?

the discipline is NSRA 10m air pistol (4/89)

Many thanks

Clive
    "This doll is extremely dangerous, it has voodoo qualities"

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Decimal scoring is where the target is scored in tenths of a ring so for example you can get a 10.0 which is just on the line through to a 10.9 which is dead centre, in Air pistol (even ISSF) its scored integer, i.e. 8, 9, 10, and a ten is a ten regardless of it being a 10.0 or a 10.9, but for events such as that its still interest to see if your ten was 10.7 or what ever, and it can be very frustrating to see a nine as 9.9!

In pure ISSSF events Air Rifle, and small-bore rifle is scored metric, but in the UK that's only at bigger events as it requires electronic targets, all postal and the smaller level UK events are scored integer for air rifle and small bore.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Ok thanks for the answer Robin. I guess the NSRA postal comp that I'm in wont be using decimal then.

Cheers

Clive
    "This doll is extremely dangerous, it has voodoo qualities"

No. Strictly ISSF Air Rifle and ISSF 50Metre Prone Rifle (Three-Position Rifle is still scored integer), basically because people were shooting 600/600s, so the options were shrink the targets or introduce decimal scoring to Qualification shoots (decimals were already used for finals to reduce the possibility of ties).

Anything NSRA-rules is integer.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation