Thread: Webley pistols value?

Webley pistols value?

Hello all,im looking to sell a couple of pistols but have absolutely no idea of what they are worth.I also, it seems have pretty much no idea how to post pics.ive managed a few but they didnt work out too well and its taken me about an hour and i have now a headache so they are a bit of a mish mash.That aside id be reall gratefull for some sensible sugestions as to what they are worth.Just want a fair price really if poss.Firstly i have a re blued mark one.177,personaly i wouldnt re blue but it is what is,it has a wooden box and for some reason the barrel was replaced for the re blue,the original is with it tho! strange.Next is a .22 premier,i have never fired this,when you cock it you get a feeling it never has been fired,so i gently decocked and put it away. Both are stuck away in a cupboard and just need to go to someone who may think about em more than once a decade. http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/gsf1420/library/.
    http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/...psqmv93jjd.jpg Hope that works,many thanks in advance.Happy easter
    Last edited by SLUGGY; 23-04-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Any chance of outdoor pics in good light with no flash of the Premier ?

Premier looks nice!
    Protek have a very nice one but with a repro box for 185.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Yes, i know its subjective but id say they were both about 99%,I dont see how one could find a better premier,box and gun nigh on mint,ive kept it out of the daylight as the box colours are so crisp,pics do it dont justice.i will put some better ones up when ive recoverd from my first attempt!
    Last edited by SLUGGY; 17-04-2017 at 03:42 PM.

So the Prem is 99%, and original, and the box is great and original ? Talking good money then. Any idea of the year ?

To give you an idea, I recently sold a .22 '46 model in around 95% cond with original older slightly tatty box and a spare .177 barrel to a dealer for £250. He then put it up at £395 I think. It sold but I'm positive an offer was put in below the asking price.

This is as good as i can do!Hopefully given a fair idea they come up ok if you click on them http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0pz8gdrg.jpg.i just want to know a reasonable value so i can list them for sale,heck theyre already back in the cupboard!
    Last edited by SLUGGY; 17-04-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehill View Post
    So the Prem is 99%, and original, and the box is great and original ? Talking good money then. Any idea of the year ?
    Yes in both cases,i dont know the year.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUGGY View Post
    Yes in both cases,i dont know the year.
    No probs. I forgot mine was a Senior anyhow. Not too well up on Premiers myself but from what I've seen they don't sell for as much as earlier Seniors. But, yours seems in great condition and if original will be in demand. I would hazard a guess of around £250-275. If someone really wants a minter then maybe more ..

The premier is a B so I would say at least £200

The Mk 1 is a bit of an anomaly, so £150 at the most.

HTH
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Hi,

The early A/B series (1964/1965) Premiers are my personal favourite and quite sought after, so I would think £250 would be quite realistic for a boxed example in this condition. Although it looks to have been well done, the refinish of the Mk1 will put some off, so somewhere in the £150 range would be about right for a private sale.

Good luck with the sale if decide to move them both on.

Regards
    Brian