Thread: Mk2 r10 could it be a ref issue

Mk2 r10 could it be a ref issue

Hi all got my r10 out today for some plinking, I have hardly used it since Christmas and the first mag I shot seemed to be all over the place mainly vertical shift the second mag was better. I checked to see how much air it was holding and it was about 150b so refilled to 200b and tried again and all seemed fine until the fill pressure had dropped to just below 150b. Now is the reg possibly starting to play up or could it be because it hasn't been used for several months. I got out my ultra se which has seen less use and that was fine this also showed it wasn't me having a proper off day.

Any ideas chaps and thanks in advance for replies.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1981 View Post
    Hi all got my r10 out today for some plinking, I have hardly used it since Christmas and the first mag I shot seemed to be all over the place mainly vertical shift the second mag was better. I checked to see how much air it was holding and it was about 150b so refilled to 200b and tried again and all seemed fine until the fill pressure had dropped to just below 150b. Now is the reg possibly starting to play up or could it be because it hasn't been used for several months. I got out my ultra se which has seen less use and that was fine this also showed it wasn't me having a proper off day.

Any ideas chaps and thanks in advance for replies.
    Sell it and buy a Super 10!

It does sound like the reg needs a service!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Sell it and buy a Super 10!

It does sound like the reg needs a service!
    If I could store another rifle I would happily go and buy another, so other than sending it to Darrin or jb is there anyone more local to me than anyone knows of that can service the reg or would I be best just getting a huma reg and fitting that.

Dave

Send it to jb and for a few quid more he will blueprint it ..then it will be superb

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
    Send it to jb and for a few quid more he will blueprint it ..then it will be superb
    What he said
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Or fit a huma reg from Darren xtx cost £80 problem over

secretagentmole Guest
    Sent PM, Airtech is also worth a very good look!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Sent PM, Airtech is also worth a very good look!
    Cheers will have a look

Thanks for the replies I had a plink again today and I definitely think the reg is playing up I had the same issues around the same full pressures so time for some research and maybe a diy fitted huma reg when I get time now. Looks like the ultra may get more use.

BSA regulators?

Keep hearing about the r10 regulator problems, surely if the problem is as widespread as it appears from the forums the manufacturer should take the some responsibility. Perhaps change the part on new gear and do a recall or offer a solution to people who own out of guarantee guns. The adverse publicity must cost them a lot of sales, I recently bought a gun, I was spending a big lump of cash and after reading of these problems I sadly bought German. At my age that goes against the grain. I always buy British when I can. I was put off by the possibility of buying and then having to spend another lump of cash to get it fixed in the near/ middle future. If it is a case of only a small % are problematic but they shout a lot surely the manufacturers still should address the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankG View Post
    Keep hearing about the r10 regulator problems, surely if the problem is as widespread as it appears from the forums the manufacturer should take the some responsibility. Perhaps change the part on new gear and do a recall or offer a solution to people who own out of guarantee guns. The adverse publicity must cost them a lot of sales, I recently bought a gun, I was spending a big lump of cash and after reading of these problems I sadly bought German. At my age that goes against the grain. I always buy British when I can. I was put off by the possibility of buying and then having to spend another lump of cash to get it fixed in the near/ middle future. If it is a case of only a small % are problematic but they shout a lot surely the manufacturers still should address the issue.
    I don't think it's wide spread as people would like us to believe, I've had a few r10s now one was a tactical stocked .177 a walnut.22 and this one which is the first one I purchased. I sold the other two due to not shooting the .22 and I didn't need two in .177 and the walnut stock is better looking. But this is the only one that has had a reg issue. So how many people are just passing on an issue with a few guns and making it sound worse or piping on about something they have never owned or seen the fault. A

I have spoken to carl at air tech and he as given me a few ways to fix the problem but it all depends on what I want to do and what I want to spend, now has anyone had any work done by him? He seems like a nice genuine bloke that has offered to sort this quickly if I give him enough notice as I drop it off when visiting family that live 20 mins from him. So what a bonus that is. I d

Hi lightening

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1981 View Post
    I don't think it's wide spread as people would like us to believe, I've had a few r10s now one was a tactical stocked .177 a walnut.22 and this one which is the first one I purchased. I sold the other two due to not shooting the .22 and I didn't need two in .177 and the walnut stock is better looking. But this is the only one that has had a reg issue. So how many people are just passing on an issue with a few guns and making it sound worse or piping on about something they have never owned or seen the fault. A

I have spoken to carl at air tech and he as given me a few ways to fix the problem but it all depends on what I want to do and what I want to spend, now has anyone had any work done by him? He seems like a nice genuine bloke that has offered to sort this quickly if I give him enough notice as I drop it off when visiting family that live 20 mins from him. So what a bonus that is. I d
    Thanks for the reply and details of your experience with BSAs. I have to wonder if 2 good ones from 3 guns is acceptable?