Thread: Lyman Spar T Press

Lyman Spar T Press

A friend of mine wants to sell one of these, anyone got an opinion on what it's worth?
    Thanks,
    Ellwelaxe.

Depends on age & condition.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Spar T

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    Depends on age & condition.
    He describes it as very nice, I will ask him to elaborate, I do know it has not been used for around 15 years.

I used one of these for years in the '80s.

It's especially good for small lots as the turret lets you do complete rounds without taking the case out of the shellholder.

If the jesus-nut loosens or the support on the opposite side of the turret wears, beware of the turret tilting.

It's good for short pistol calibres - I could stand corrected, but I don't think I'd want to use it for full-length rifle rounds because of the tilt risk.
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Ive used mine for 303,762,3006,8mm,223, etc for over 30 years, NAE issues. I normally leave mine set up for 2 calibres but only use it as a single stage. It does not lend itself to use as a progressive. For pistol use I prefer to use a lee progressive.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    Ive used mine for 303,762,3006,8mm,223, etc for over 30 years, NAE issues. I normally leave mine set up for 2 calibres but only use it as a single stage. It does not lend itself to use as a progressive. For pistol use I prefer to use a lee progressive.
    OK, if you found it so for rifle rounds. But I did use mine as a manual progressive and found that OK too .
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)