Thread: Case Oil

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Your Marlin shoots a straight-case cartridge - .38Spec or .357Mag. Get a Lee carbide full-length size and you'll never need case lube. I've been loading this calibre since I was still at school, and bought a carbide sizer die back around 1970 that I'm still using.

For the .308Win - presuming that's what you mean? there are literally dozens of proprietary brands of case lube. I've been using Imperial sizing wax for all eight calibres that I reload here in UK, for literally dozens of years.

From your question about powder [and no, you can't use the same powder for both] it sounds to me like you are a very noo noob to all this game, and deeply in need of a walking/talking mentor to come and show you the ropes. It's not a thing that you can just rush into blindly.

Hopishly, somebody here will take that on. First of all though, spend some time on Youtube, at least getting the general idea behind it all, and buy yourself one of the many loading manuals. The different brands, Speer, Hornady, Nosler et al also produce handy DVDs of the how-to, but, as I wrote, you'll REALLY need a one-to-one session or few, or risk doing something from lack of knowledge that causes you serious grief.

tac
    Last edited by tacfoley; 18-04-2017 at 01:29 PM.