Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HW30 k Advice Please

Hobbies certainly work well in all of mine.

And, if keeping those ranges short, I'd guess that any of the match quality wadcutters would be superb.

The two lighter Exact variants would also fare well, methinks.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Cheers, had problems yesterday with the scope coming loose and losing zero, I didn't notice at first with the pellets all over the target. Nipped up the Allen studs hopefully that will stop the scope creeping forward. I'm tempted to upgrade the scope and mounts any thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Milo123 View Post
    I use CCL GUNSTOCK CONDITIONING OIL on my shotguns, can this be used on the new HW 30 stock or any suggestions on another product would be appreciated.
    I'm pretty certain that the stock is sealed, that's to say it looks like a darkish wood but it's actually beech with a stain/seal/varnish and made to look like a dark wood. Any oils would simply wipe off I reckon.

Been using Field Target Trophy pellets with great results. Any way bought Air Arms Diablo 4.52, cleaned the barrel, leaded in with 20 or so, find the AA Grouping better than the FTT at 20 yards, any one tried the JSB Exact in the 30 K or any others with good results, thanks
    AADF/JSB Exacts are very accurate in the 30s, but they are a bit too heavy for the little rifle. Try some JSB RS or JSB/AA Express - higher velocity/flatter trajectory and just as accurate.

In my experience, the 30s (and I assume the 30k) are very unfussy about what you feed them. In the three that I've shot, JSB RS, AADE, FTT, Superdome, Super-H-Point, Hobby, H&N Match - even 'economy' BSA Storm and Elite - all perform well...

Any suggestions on a scope for the 30k as an upgrade from the one supplied in the kit.

Any suggestions on a scope for the 30k as an upgrade from the one supplied in the kit.
    Anything bigger than a 32mm objective (in low mounts) will spoil the handling characteristics and look completely out of place on the little 30. You will also need to be aware of scope length and eye relief, due to the limited amount of dovetail available. I use a 30s which sports a classic Weaver K2.5-1 (2.5x20) which suits the rifle nicely, but even that is mounted as far forward as it will go. I'd be looking for a compact in the 2-7x range or maybe the Simmons 8-Point 1.5-5x32. I have a spare one - not for sale - at the moment and will have a look for you to see if the eye relief is appropriate for the 30...

As RW points out above, there is no point going over the top with the scope on a 30.
    A 2-7x32 in whichever preferred flavour is as far as you need go, and to be honest I would hang fire and give the kit-supplied 4x32 a chance first because you may be pleasantly surprised.
    I was.

And Sportsmatch mount(s).
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks all, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Riffler View Post
    Me too, excellent & I used the original mounts that came with the weihrauch scope.
    Rob

Before I settled on the airmax I tried really hard to seat a hawke tac 10x40 on it. Bonkers really, not recommended😂

A few of the members up at our club (Rivington Riflemen) have fitted the Williams sports peep sights.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=37

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk