Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone got or used the new Gamo multi shot break barrel?

Yep superdomes here too, now if i could get my hands on the full power gasram get it up to .177 speeds when my fac eventually gets here .....

Quote Originally Posted by siggy View Post
    Yep superdomes here too, now if i could get my hands on the full power gasram get it up to .177 speeds when my fac eventually gets here .....
    unless your getting a US spec gas ram for it ,your not going to adjust the one you have .its a sealed unit.

yeah i know there not adjustable, just need to find someone that sells the full power ram and swap it out.It would be perfect then for squirrels and corvids on my permission.

yeah i know there not adjustable, just need to find someone that sells the full power ram and swap it out.It would be perfect then for squirrels and corvids on my permission.
    I would ask your local firearms office if they will let you put the rifle upto FAC power levels . if they do it will be FAC for life . some forces let you drop it back to sub12ftlbs but I think its all changed now.

might be better getting a FAC rated rifle from new.

Just had a snoop about and found this http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showprodu...n%20Gas%20Rams might be worth a punt at 60 quid for the fac version if it fits.

Was zero'ed supported on the forend and it was grouping great.
    If i put slight pressure on it would shoot 4 inchs higher at 20 yards but you could see the barrel flexing up, so now i just rest it on the forend lol made me wonder how much it flex's when you cock it ?
    Besides that its got a lovely trigger, the gun is nice and light but does feel very long and for 260 quid with a scope you carnt expect too much i suppose plus its my first gas ram and just feels less violent than my springer.
    Interesting, I wonder if it is the barrel flexing or just the shroud which could move the baffles just enough to affect poi?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Gamo

Not too close to you, but Countryway Guns in West Malling had one in whilst I was in there a couple of weeks back. £239 with two mags and a 3-9x40 scope.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Not too close to you, but Countryway Guns in West Malling had one in whilst I was in there a couple of weeks back. £239 with two mags and a 3-9x40 scope.
    I saw that on the web. A tempting price as most are advertised around the £270/280 SRP. Well except for one outfit that are asking £410 ?!?!?!?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I saw that on the web. A tempting price as most are advertised around the £270/280 SRP. Well except for one outfit that are asking £410 ?!?!?!?
    I was in Saddlery and Gunroom in Biggin Hill this morning and they had one at £279, interesting rifle. They also had the Varmint Stalker and Barricade by Gamo. Gingernut is right is his assumption that there's something in these good value Gamo rifles

They need to dump the silly names!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    They need to dump the silly names!
    True.

A husband and wife were in the shop same time as i was and about to buy the Stalker Varmint, but no sale, they had no ID.
    Last edited by coburn; 22-04-2017 at 03:59 PM.

[QUOTE=averageplinker;7243384]Interesting, I wonder if it is the barrel flexing or just the shroud which could move the baffles just enough to affect poi?[/QUOTE
    i take by the look of the barrel there some sort of plastic moulded around a metal sleave so my guessing its the barrel bending.
    Im just wondering if they used some witchcraftery to make it stiffer one way for cocking ?

Read a magazine ad. for the Maxim Elite this afternoon.

It referred to a 33mm bore,a slight departure from Gamo's usual small bore,long stroke configuration?.