Thread: Alternative to MDE cylinder valve?

Alternative to MDE cylinder valve?

Hello please can you tell me if there is an alternative to an MDE valve, have tried a search but MDE seems to have the market sewn up. Have a nearly new 300 bar cylinder but find that the Jubilee valve is filling much too fast nomatter how careful it is opened.
    MDE say that it is ok, I disagree.
    Thank you all.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

MDE valve

Why not get a restrictor screw fitted in the adaptor? it will slow down the flow after the valve allowing more precise slow filling.

Hello Rancidtom thank you for the reply, been there and done that but its not the answer, the problem is that a brand new valve (supplied with bottle) had the nyloc nut holding the rubber knob on was finger tight to the nylon insert, the knob was loose (very) . Also the valve was uncontrolable tight and then loose to turn - Nothing in between. MDE had it back and stated 'nothing wrong' and sent it back with the nut still loose!! etc.
    That is why the request, I will not trust MDE ever again. A couple of chaps at the range have had problems with the 'Jubilee' valve as well.
    Long thread in 2013.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

MDE valve

Try taking it to your bottle test centre, ask if they can set it up properly for you, I have MDE valves that work fine as do many other people, your bottle test centre should have a wealth of experience with adjusting or reconditioning a valve. It only takes a phone call to ask if they can or will look at it for you. If you're really stuck I can recommend somebody to have a look at it for you however they will charge (don't ask me how much but probably less than a new valve).

Hello well I am afraid that a very negative attitude from MDE who ignored my letter ref. the loose nut and knob and sent it back as being ' nothing wrong' and having a battle with the bottle supplier who was not interested then I was so disgusted that it went into the scrap bin.
    I have a report from an engineer that worked for MDE about changes made to materials used that may cause the valve to suddenly release and that the restriction has been opened up to increase the flow!
    I could be wrong but I can not see that there is any 'adjustment' possible, having a new restrictor made and a change of valve seal material would be a cure but at a cost . I have completely lost faith in MDE.
    IF there was a valve that worked ( no not MDE) then I would be prepared to pay for it.
    Thank you.
    Suprised there has been so little interest/comments even if they were negative ones on my request, have been called an idiot before and probably will be again.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

It's a shame your not closer, the guy in the air bar is a top fella and very helpful.
    I took mine in yesterday for a fill and noticed over the last couple of weeks the gauge was out by about 10 bar below the zero line. I mentioned it to him and he connected it up to the equipment and confirmed it was out, 15mins later i was topped up and a new gauge fitted f.o.c.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelletpinger View Post
    It's a shame your not closer, the guy in the air bar is a top fella and very helpful.
    I took mine in yesterday for a fill and noticed over the last couple of weeks the gauge was out by about 10 bar below the zero line. I mentioned it to him and he connected it up to the equipment and confirmed it was out, 15mins later i was topped up and a new gauge fitted f.o.c.
    That's very good service. I use Diveline who are local to me Ipswich and again very helpful

Thanks chaps, a bit extream to have to move but I will keep trying and see what I can come up with.
    Any more ideas more than welcome.
    ATB.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Beaver valve

Beaver make an airgun charging valve if your cylinder has M25 x 2mm thread. They're a bit more expensive than the MDE ones but in my experience Beaver have always made quality kit.
    http://www.beaversports.co.uk/Catalo...un-valves-accs

Hello Rancidtom many thanks for the info. I will order a Beaver valve on Monday. Problem sorted.
    ATB.
    Geoff.