Thread: Bipods

Bipods

Several of our club members have taken up bench rest shooting this summer, in a league whose rules permit the use of bipods.

Now, this is something of a departure for us as we've always shot to NSRA rules using a separate front rest.

Bipods aren't my area of speciality, so I'm asking for some advice as to what type or make of bipod might be the best for the job.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Rich I could bring down a bipod (short Harris) and a shooting bag (Cadwell) for anyone to try on Sunday if it helps. To use the bipod they will either need a swivel stud fitted or a standard accessory rail. I've also got a very nice BR scope that's going to be up for sale.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Yes please, I will tell Frank to look out for you.

I got one via eblag about 4 years ago. It was £20 posted.

I have it on my anschutz .22lr and it's holding up well.

Might be an option to try before spending big money on one and not liking it then losing money when trying to sell it.

As above.mine is fitted on a sling stud but it did come with an adaptor to fit on a picatinny type rail with a sling stud on it.

Mine is the same as the ant9-1 but it came with the adaptor.
    http://www.ant-supplies.uk/rifle-bip...le-bipods.html

There is the 6 inches one too http://www.ant-supplies.uk/rifle-bip...le-bipods.html
    Last edited by bighit; 21-04-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Depending on the rules you will be shooting under, there may be a gun (and anything attached to it) weight limit and the tripod may be considered as part of that weight - whereas a front rest won't be.

^^ well minded, thanks.

The Midlands rules don't appear to impose a limit but you are right to point out that BR rules vary widely.