Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New HW'S where are they made?

New HW'S where are they made?

Just received a 2016 HW97K. No longer says made in Germany on it. I did hear last year that the 97 was going to be made in China? April fool joke? or just a rumour? The old stuff does seem to have abit more quality about them. Maybe just me? Mach 1.5

I just picked up a new in the box 30s, which came from Hull Cartridge about a couple of weeks ago, and it says made in Germany on it just above the trigger where the warnings are.

HW's

Thanks for that...yep just noticed were they have put it...silly me for not looking...Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Thanks for that...yep just noticed were they have put it...silly me for not looking...Mach 1.5
    You're welcome

Phew!

Had me panicking for a mo' then.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

MMm! In the limited experience I have had in a few trips to German industrial factories, a lot of German factory workers are not German! Mind you I suppose that could be said for over in the UK as well.

I'm very proud of the British engineering we have left over here, but I must admit I do admire the way the Germans re invest in their manufacturing. I suppose that's a good job as I work for them, strangely no sign yet of them not selling their cars, lorries and guns over here yet.
    BASC

Now they have the white etching on the breach block you would be forgiven they were of Chinese origin.

I don't like it ,I think they look un finished now & cheapens them some what.

Not seen etched yet.
    I won't like it.

OO Sounds pants
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Interesting Thread !
    Possibly not China but I could imagine in time, part if if not most of the airgun manufacturing facility of Weihrauch being transferred to Turkey. Afterall, the Germans do have strong immigration and industrial links with that country.
    The "mass produced air rifle business" of other leading German gun makers, seems to have declined over the last 30 years or so. I'm thinking of companies such as; Anschutz, Feinwerkbau, Walther, who now only make "top end" shooting products, so maybe Weihrauch will ultimatly go the same way ?
    The German firearms industry as a whole though appears to go from strength to strength with companies such as Blaser, Sauer, Anschutz, Walther, Mauser, Schmeisser, Heckler & Koch etc. producing some of the finest sports, military and match centrefire rifles and sidearms in the world. I cannot see them ever relinquishing this part of their industry.

Nothing lasts forever as they say and we are always going to be subject to change especialy as in the "world situation" at present.
    Afterall, I now see that the "Blue Riband" chocolate bar is now going to be made in Poland !
    “An airgun or two”………

Just because something is made in China doesn't mean it is of inferior quality. iPhones are made in China. They will manufacture anything the customers want to their price point.

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    Just because something is made in China doesn't mean it is of inferior quality. iPhones are made in China. They will manufacture anything the customers want to their price point.
    Indeed.

I have recently bought "German" PC power supply units that are made in China but all the QA is done in Germany.

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    I'm very proud of the British engineering we have left over here, but I must admit I do admire the way the Germans re invest in their manufacturing.
    Me too.
    But it's worth pointing out that the Euro and EU financial system has so many inbuilt biases towards manufacturing in Germany, that it is not surprising that investment flows there.

The one size fits all interest rate in the Eurozone being the prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I did hear last year that the 97 was going to be made in China?
    Oh please, not this one again...

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Oh please, not this one again...
    did you not have a pic of a Chinese weihrauch