Thread: Benjamin trail NP

Benjamin trail NP

Hi local lad got one of the above rifles, Power is very low, I will be checking power for him the weekend, What parts needed to convert to spring powered if possible please, Any advice, It's in rough condition , Is it worth spending on it should I land up with it , Be back on tomorrow but any advice be great, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Hi local lad got one of the above rifles, Power is very low, I will be checking power for him the weekend, What parts needed to convert to spring powered if possible please, Any advice, It's in rough condition , Is it worth spending on it should I land up with it , Be back on tomorrow but any advice be great, Thanks.
    These Make about 25 ft.lbs of ME in the US. Looks like the down tuning has been a litle too agressive.

A.G

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    A 25 FPE gasram pistol...it must be utterly horrid to cock and shoot.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    These Make about 25 ft.lbs of ME in the US. Looks like the down tuning has been a litle too agressive.

A.G
    Got a couple days off work now so might try and do a search, Try and skan it later or at least the next day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Its a rifle Never the less it isn't a good rifle. Not really worth spending money on.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    They are apparently.

A.G

If the guts of these are Chinese built you may find poorly fitted piston seals compromising power.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Its a rifle Never the less it isn't a good rifle. Not really worth spending money on.
    Beg pardon, thought it was the pistol of the same name.
    Good deals with these members

Contact ASI (the importers) they should be able to give you an idea of cost

These are are BAM19's (SMK XS19). You will need a top hat, spring guide and stepped block that fits between guide and rear metal end block. If you like the look of the thumbhole stock and shrouded barrel on the Benjy, it would probably be cheaper to pick up a tatty XS19 and swap the action. The barrel diameter on the Benjy is slightly smaller than the XS19, so the shroud won't fit over it

Thanks for all the advice above, Yes it is a rifle, The one described below with shroud and thumb hole stock,

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnlandies View Post
    These are are BAM19's (SMK XS19). You will need a top hat, spring guide and stepped block that fits between guide and rear metal end block. If you like the look of the thumbhole stock and shrouded barrel on the Benjy, it would probably be cheaper to pick up a tatty XS19 and swap the action. The barrel diameter on the Benjy is slightly smaller than the XS19, so the shroud won't fit over it
    Thanks for the info bud