Quote Originally Posted by nunofrancisco View Post
You will notice a POI change with front AO budget scopes (Hawkes, Nikkos, even the Nikon EFR). If you find one than doesnt do it - then its pure luck. Same happens with the magnification normaly, but a bit less pronunced.

So you got a few chances. First- keep buying budget scopes till you get one than its aligned. Second - if your does it... Keep the settings and shoot it always like that. Third- if you need move setings- make a range card with your correct POI. Last one (the one i did after like 20 diferent scopes) - buy a decent scope if you can aford. my Leupold 3-9x33 EFR doesnt have that problem.
If I'm just plinking targets in the garden then it's not the end of the world.

There is a noticeable parallax movement of the target when shooting at 40 or 50 metres with the scope set at 25. This does tend to open the group up laterally if I don't pay attention to accurate head position. If I take the trouble to set the AO to 40 or 50 metres and rezero there is no image movement and the lateral flyers disappear.

In the field it would be more of a problem and I would have to seriously consider investing in a quality scope that actually does what it says on the box.
As it is I just use it as a non-AO scope that is easier to reparallax than most!