Thread: who knows co2 match rifles???

who knows co2 match rifles???

as said in prior post i recently bought 4 airguns for a good price now the guy has a mint Hammerli CO2 match air rifle he wants to sell me for $100. bear in mind i am i no way a match shooter or FT or HFT. i would like to try it but where i live its not going happen. here its all big guns or go home!! witch is not a bad thing becuse thats why i managed to buy the prior airguns for a song ( 1 FWB300 1 FWB 65 1 FWB 124D 1barrnet spitfire =$450) I have already sold all but the 124D witch i will keep for my ownself now to my question is the Hammerli worth picking up and reselling? i have over 30 springers now and have zero experience with CO2 i did do some looking into it and the last one i can find sold for $650 in 2010. have the prices dipped or do they stay the same or go up as with the FWBs?
    Aint no fun when the rabbits got the gun

Snap his arm off!
    I started this life with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    What he said.

They have made some very nice match rifles. Bulk fill Co2 scares people a bit, but it's only because it's unfamiliar. Once you get the hang of it it's a doddle.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

$100 is a steal if its igc Even I'd buy it (and resell).
    I dont know wether the Hammerli's work with 12gr bulbs too. Something far away in my mind say they worked with different size caps. But no doubt a Hammerli owner can clarify.
    ATB,
    yana

The Hammerli 'Match' came in a few variations, any of them would be worth $100, if it's complete.

They all used 12grm CO2 powerlets or 8grm with an adapter. Some had the ability to be filled via a bulk fill valve that is accessed at the bottom of the pistol grip.

If it's not already been done the main valve and filler cap may leak, as the seals dry out.

Still worth buying and having them done