Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad spin on shooting

Bad spin on shooting

Warning. PRODUCTION COMPANY BAD SPIN ON SHOOTING

Just been approached by a small London based production company looking to film the discharging of hand guns and assault rifles to emulate the story of gun crime.

The subject here is Ryan and Hungerford so its about FAC holders who switch flicks.

I have declined and I hope others do to

Its not as though there are a lack of dummy weaponry within the film industry either.

Steyr
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Surprised they dont just use stock footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o

That should do lol.

Good on you, Steyr.....

I responded to this in your other thread.

My comment stands.

tac

Think about what you're saying....

So you're concerned they might show a brutal massacre by a peice of shite murderer in a bad light...

Let's all hope they show the positive side of killing your neighbours and passers by....dear christ, is it me? Think about what you are saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Cocksure View Post
    So you're concerned they might show a brutal massacre by a peice of shite murderer in a bad light...

Let's all hope they show the positive side of killing your neighbours and passers by....dear christ, is it me? Think about what you are saying....
    I respect your view and no one is suggesting a deffence of that vile act but I think that OPs concern is more to do with giving ammunition to the anti gun lobby by unwittingly making " gun " the culprit alongside the criminal who instigated the act. Tricky subject.

A.G

Er, just who is this aimed at?

I think that the OP was concerned that allowing access to a film crew intent on making a movie about R***, might backfire on us, the current legal firearms holders, by showing us in a negative light.

There has already been a programme made that covered the events of that appalling day in a sympathetic manner.

I'm not certain that any kind of a remake would be justified in being made, except to exploit one aspect or another of legal gun ownership in this country. Given the what we have so far learned about aims of the production team, I would also err on the side of caution, and advise them to go away.

tac

NOTE to OP - in this country, we don't HAVE assault rifles.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post

We do but you have to click clack between shots.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Er, just who is this aimed at?

I think that the OP was concerned that allowing access to a film crew intent on making a movie about R***, might backfire on us, the current legal firearms holders, by showing us in a negative light.

There has already been a programme made that covered the events of that appalling day in a sympathetic manner.

I'm not certain that any kind of a remake would be justified in being made, except to exploit one aspect or another of legal gun ownership in this country. Given the what we have so far learned about aims of the production team, I would also err on the side of caution, and advise them to go away.

tac

I noticed you omitted it's name......he ain't no folk hero....well done. OP calls him by his first name...pals?

The OP advises ' It's about FAC owners whose switch flicks'...the OPs own words, not the film crew!...that would make a great anti gun argument FRONT PAGE..

There is no good side, it's not the media out to get guns again, it's the publics morbid fascination with criminal murderers...

Any body who needs to be told not to get involved with film crews shouldn't have a gun anyway!!!

And it aint a difficult subject, he is a murderer and we do not support him....in this particular case guns have no defence, we are NOT apologists for murderers.

People died, it ain't the place for argument that ' not all guns are bad ' they have relatives.

Other than that we fully agree...
    Last edited by Cocksure; 22-04-2017 at 11:16 AM.

OP calls him by his first name...pals?
    No he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    No he didn't.
    You are correct.

Really !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Really !!!!
    I just don't consider that firearms ( not air rifles) ownership has a good side in relation to said events.

BAD SPIN ON SHOOTING is not how I regard a murderer killing people with guns.....it's not really my first thought.......

I don't think of the offender as an FAC holder having a bad day.

If a film crew wanted help with this matter I would tell the voyeuristic vulture tits to go away, and not because they might make guns look bad.....( which in this case guns DO look bad and to argue
    otherwise would be distasteful in the extreme.)

Hey it's a forum, and an opinion.( and as it's my opinion it's also correct)
    Last edited by Cocksure; 23-04-2017 at 09:15 PM.

They wanted pictures of a finger squeezing a trigger and the projectile leaving the barrel with flashes and smoke and no doubt a slowed down bang.

I dont want my finger to used to dramatise someone getting wasted especially at the hands of someone like michael ryan.

Your right it is a forum
    Your right it is only your opinion
    But its my finger and my bullets and my barrels they wanted to use to press home the equation of a bad man with bad guns and bad bullets to snuff out an innocent life just because they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I dont agree with that so I told the to **** off.
    My decision and if its my decision it was the right one.

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    They wanted pictures of....
    Imagine how the production meeting went when they discussed how they could maximise the impact for maximum advertising revenue - or maximising whatever.

Media people don't care much about ethics [- opinion].

Not owned a television set or a TV licence for 25 years [Irrelevant ?]

Perhaps a media person on here would put the other side of this argument?
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2