Thread: Bad spin on shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bad spin on shooting

Warning. PRODUCTION COMPANY BAD SPIN ON SHOOTING

Just been approached by a small London based production company looking to film the discharging of hand guns and assault rifles to emulate the story of gun crime.

The subject here is Ryan and Hungerford so its about FAC holders who switch flicks.

I have declined and I hope others do to

Its not as though there are a lack of dummy weaponry within the film industry either.

Steyr
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Surprised they dont just use stock footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o

That should do lol.

Good on you, Steyr.....

I responded to this in your other thread.

My comment stands.

tac

Think about what you're saying....

So you're concerned they might show a brutal massacre by a peice of shite murderer in a bad light...

Let's all hope they show the positive side of killing your neighbours and passers by....dear christ, is it me? Think about what you are saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Cocksure View Post
    So you're concerned they might show a brutal massacre by a peice of shite murderer in a bad light...

Let's all hope they show the positive side of killing your neighbours and passers by....dear christ, is it me? Think about what you are saying....
    I respect your view and no one is suggesting a deffence of that vile act but I think that OPs concern is more to do with giving ammunition to the anti gun lobby by unwittingly making " gun " the culprit alongside the criminal who instigated the act. Tricky subject.

A.G

Er, just who is this aimed at?

I think that the OP was concerned that allowing access to a film crew intent on making a movie about R***, might backfire on us, the current legal firearms holders, by showing us in a negative light.

There has already been a programme made that covered the events of that appalling day in a sympathetic manner.

I'm not certain that any kind of a remake would be justified in being made, except to exploit one aspect or another of legal gun ownership in this country. Given the what we have so far learned about aims of the production team, I would also err on the side of caution, and advise them to go away.

tac

NOTE to OP - in this country, we don't HAVE assault rifles.

Really !!!!
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill