Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad spin on shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    Imagine how the production meeting went when they discussed how they could maximise the impact for maximum advertising revenue - or maximising whatever.

Media people don't care much about ethics [- opinion].

Not owned a television set or a TV licence for 25 years [Irrelevant ?]

Perhaps a media person on here would put the other side of this argument?
    I have had some limited dealings with media people ( TV and Music variety ). They are only interested in one thing and that is self promotion that will lead to the next job. Marketing people are kind of similar. They market themselves alongside or even above the product. The only way to get the next job.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    They wanted pictures of a finger squeezing a trigger and the projectile leaving the barrel with flashes and smoke and no doubt a slowed down bang.

I dont want my finger to used to dramatise someone getting wasted especially at the hands of someone like michael ryan.

Your right it is a forum

Your right it is only your opinion
    But its my finger and my bullets and my barrels they wanted to use to press home the equation of a bad man with bad guns and bad bullets to snuff out an innocent life just because they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I dont agree with that so I told the to **** off.
    My decision and if its my decision it was the right one.
    BAD SPIN ON....YOUR FINGER!! Read the whole of my previous post, don't skip bits....
    And I really do mean no offence, but Hungerford doesn't reflect on my Airgun shooting at all and when I saw it on this forum..well it gets me 'eckles up!!
    Last edited by Cocksure; 25-04-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Hi,my thought is if a person is in that frame of mind at that time he will use what ever weapon is at hand be it ,knife ,hammer,car,poison,u Carn't blame the weapon but only the user.o

If any shooter group needs to be singled out as bad for shooting's image I'd suggest Paintballing; the only branch of shooting where people deliberately aim at other people and try to shoot them.
    I find that hard to understand. Yes, it might be "fun" if you're fit & healthy to run about, hide, and shoot your opponent, but is it GOOD for shooting's image? Could it encourage your average psychopath? Hard to justify in my humble opinion.

I used to shoot small arms, had to give it up as it became to difficult to continue with all the restrictions.
    I used to shoot shotguns. Went down the same route.
    I now shoot air pistols/rifles, and sadly I can see that going the same way.

The secret agenda of some is to stop all shooting in this country, unless you are a policeman or in the armed services. What those people fail to realise is criminals will continue to use guns, and so may the occasional psychopath or hit man. All the banning guns of any type WILL do is stop thousands of law abiding people enjoying their hobby and hurting no one.

Hopefully, we can ride out the current mission to ban shooting altogether. Sadly in this current world it all depends on the media. God Help Us!
    The older I get, the more I know, the less makes sense!
    [BASC Member] Colt Government 1911 A1; Webley MK VI; Walther CP88; Beretta M92FS; Colt Peacemaker SAA; Gat; Webley Eclipse MK2 Carbine; Gamo Maxxim Elite.

The media want to sell their product in a crowded market so will look for as many superlatives and as much hyperboly as they can cram into it. Wonder if they thought about asking the NRA etc?

I was asked to do some shooting for a company film. Much as I would love to have shown me shooting and having a good time (it was a team building video) I reluctantly declined. It's just a minefield to have something filmed and then not be a part of the editing.

Shame they aren't looking at Dunblane... you've got paedos, scandal, politicians pressurising the police ... all sorts...

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper Pete View Post
    If any shooter group needs to be singled out as bad for shooting's image I'd suggest Paintballing; the only branch of shooting where people deliberately aim at other people and try to shoot them.
    I find that hard to understand. Yes, it might be "fun" if you're fit & healthy to run about, hide, and shoot your opponent, but is it GOOD for shooting's image? Could it encourage your average psychopath? Hard to justify in my humble opinion.

God Help Us!
    and airsoft using replicas of real fire arms rather than paintball guns.

I would say airsoft fits your post better.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    and airsoft using replicas of real fire arms rather than paintball guns.

I would say airsoft fits your post better.
    While we're at it let's ban Laserquest eh? As well as fencing, Kendo - sod it, all forms of martial arts - and anything else that remotely resembles conflict. Only then will we be safe.
    Won't somebody please think of the children!!

You gert big pair of miserable puddlejumpers

You both embody the reason that shooters - who, united, outnumber golfers by some margin - are always fighting the next infringement on our hobbies and livelihoods; because you are all too eager to pick on what you see as the 'lower tier' shooters.
    The fullbore shooters look down on the rimfire shooters,
    the rimfire shooters look down on shotgunners,
    The shotgunners look down on the airgunners,
    The airgunners look down on the paintballers,
    The paintballers look down on the airsofters,
    And even within each category of shooting you have cliques that pour scorn and disregard on their fellows.

Meanwhile the people that hate all shooters and any gun-shaped-object see no difference between us, and all our respective sports continue to die by a thousand tiny cuts because we fail to present a united front.

Have a word with yourselves please.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
    The media want to sell their product in a crowded market so will look for as many superlatives and as much hyperboly as they can cram into it. Wonder if they thought about asking the NRA etc?

I was asked to do some shooting for a company film. Much as I would love to have shown me shooting and having a good time (it was a team building video) I reluctantly declined. It's just a minefield to have something filmed and then not be a part of the editing.

Shame they aren't looking at Dunblane... you've got paedos, scandal, politicians pressurising the police ... all sorts...
    Yup, all in one appalling package. However, you omitted to mention that his FAC issuing force chose to 'File 13' the report from ANOTHER force that strongly recommended that he have his FAC revoked instantly. And 'nobody' thought it rather odd that he bought ca. 2000 rounds of ammunition shortly before he committed the crime of the century.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    While we're at it let's ban Laserquest eh? As well as fencing, Kendo - sod it, all forms of martial arts - and anything else that remotely resembles conflict. Only then will we be safe.
    Won't somebody please think of the children!!

You gert big pair of miserable puddlejumpers

You both embody the reason that shooters - who, united, outnumber golfers by some margin - are always fighting the next infringement on our hobbies and livelihoods; because you are all too eager to pick on what you see as the 'lower tier' shooters.
    The fullbore shooters look down on the rimfire shooters,
    the rimfire shooters look down on shotgunners,
    The shotgunners look down on the airgunners,
    The airgunners look down on the paintballers,
    The paintballers look down on the airsofters,
    And even within each category of shooting you have cliques that pour scorn and disregard on their fellows.

Meanwhile the people that hate all shooters and any gun-shaped-object see no difference between us, and all our respective sports continue to die by a thousand tiny cuts because we fail to present a united front.

Have a word with yourselves please.
    I'm not against paintball or airsoft.I was pointing out that airsoft uses a more realistic firearm.

you will never get all disciplines getting together . road bikes and mountain bikes. motor bike riders and moped riders. and so on.

they will always have people that look down on the others

Salamander is offline The bbs' most interfered with member

I used to shoot small arms, had to give it up as it became to difficult to continue with all the restrictions.
    I used to shoot shotguns. Went down the same route.
    I now shoot air pistols/rifles, and sadly I can see that going the same way.

The secret agenda of some is to stop all shooting in this country, unless you are a policeman or in the armed services. What those people fail to realise is criminals will continue to use guns, and so may the occasional psychopath or hit man. All the banning guns of any type WILL do is stop thousands of law abiding people enjoying their hobby and hurting no one.

Hopefully, we can ride out the current mission to ban shooting altogether. Sadly in this current world it all depends on the media. God Help Us!
    Says the man with the user name Sniper Pete.
    That mod from Yns Mon's been interfering with me.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    Says the man with the user name Sniper Pete.
    I can just see him underneath a hedge in a ghillie suit, eating cold MREs and shitting in a plastic bag, until the bunnies finally poke their heads out of the warren and then Phut!
    Tango Down.
    Good deals with these members