Thread: Old gem air rifle.

Old gem air rifle.

Aye up all. hope everyone is ok. I have been given an very old air rifle to add to my collection, it was rusted / seized up and without a stock. Given it a dose of silicone spray and wahay it cocked and fired. There are no markings on the rifle but I have narrowed it down to being a little gem! I would love to restore the rifle as it deserves but having difficulty in finding a replacement stock. Any advice would be most welcome. Thank You Gladis.

stock

Quote Originally Posted by gladis View Post
    Aye up all. hope everyone is ok. I have been given an very old air rifle to add to my collection, it was rusted / seized up and without a stock. Given it a dose of silicone spray and wahay it cocked and fired. There are no markings on the rifle but I have narrowed it down to being a little gem! I would love to restore the rifle as it deserves but having difficulty in finding a replacement stock. Any advice would be most welcome. Thank You Gladis.
    Hi , Gladis, I suggest you make a new stock yourself, I don't think you will find a second hand one, if you google & look at images you will see they were quite basic, if you have jigsaw, rasp & sandpaper & patience ! no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gladis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cringe View Post
    Hi , Gladis, I suggest you make a new stock yourself, I don't think you will find a second hand one, if you google & look at images you will see they were quite basic, if you have jigsaw, rasp & sandpaper & patience ! no problem.

Good evening Gladis and welcome to the Best part of the Best A/G forum ever ever ever. Replacement stocks for your ''little Gem'' can be found/purchased from UKgunstocks, a Father and Son business near Chertsey. They may have a stall at the Kempton Fair in June If not, pm me and I will forward their number.

Gem Stock

Wow thank you for the advice Binners and Cringe. If all else fails I will have a go at making a stock myself, not sure what would be the best wood for working! I will try and find UKgunstocks and see how I go. Again thank you for the advice, good to know there are still a few good people out there. Will let you know how I go on.

Gladis

& I thought Rivi Rifles had the only Gladys! & then they broke the mould so no more could ever be made!😉
    John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Gem Stock

Aye up John, ha ha like your thread. If ever I'm down your way I will call in. Tidy trip though as I live in Derbyshire but you never know where life takes you. Nice to know there is more than one Gladis ha ha. god help us! 1 Shot 1 Kill, keep them sights zeroed in.