Thread: Hydrographic dipping a scope question?

Hydrographic dipping a scope question?

Hi all-have got two smallish scopes (Burris compacts) that I might get dipped in "Silver" to match a couple of rifles-anybody on here done this recently? How much did it cost?

Thank you in advance
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

I was quoted £50 about 2 years ago if that helps.

Dipped scope

Hi there ,I had scopes dipped in past and it caused problems steaming up so ask hideous before yon send them.

IIRC Graham, there's some scopes that Hydrographics won't touch due to the leakeage. I had a WTC dipped in carbon a long time ago and it came out with no problems. On thing you have to be very wary of is that the scope rings can mark the finish as the scope would be a few microns thicker with the dipping.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Hi all-have got two smallish scopes (Burris compacts) that I might get dipped in "Silver" to match a couple of rifles-anybody on here done this recently? How much did it cost?

Thank you in advance
    Have you thought about polishing instead of dipping ,the finish does look great and it is rewarding do the job your self and no risk internally
    Atb
    Dean
    Daystate Airwolf MVT.22 40ft RUGER77/17hmr RUGER SR22
    "DON'T EVER SHOOT A 17 HMR. What ever you thought you knew about 22 rim fires, and loved about them, will be lost forever. It's like dumping your wife for Miss America."

If it's a single colour then they may spray it, they did mine.