Thread: Refurbishing Aluminium

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Could try soda blasting too. Not sure how fine a finish it will leave but it may need polished if you want it anodised again.

Blast with aluminium oxide to remove old finish, retexture and provide a key.

Then finish with Cerakote H series
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

anodising

I can do anodising in 6 different colours pm me if interested

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    I've sand blasted alloy stuff and then had it anodised, looks good.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

A good 85% of my stuff is sand or oxide based 60/110grit bead blasted the last 18 years, juts got to know where to take and what to have done.
    Remember anodisers are a law to themselves, parts lost or scrapped no come back your loss and will happen 1 in 3 by major players.
    Luckily now use an old anodisers used to use 23 yrs ago, 1000 parts 2 losses/scrap and going again tomorrow. Beats doing it yourself which is ok for one part one colour.

Quote Originally Posted by hareng View Post
    A good 85% of my stuff is sand or oxide based 60/110grit bead blasted the last 18 years, juts got to know where to take and what to have done.
    Remember anodisers are a law to themselves, parts lost or scrapped no come back your loss and will happen 1 in 3 by major players.
    Luckily now use an old anodisers used to use 23 yrs ago, 1000 parts 2 losses/scrap and going again tomorrow. Beats doing it yourself which is ok for one part one colour.
    the late Elmer Fud ( jay) from on here tried to anodise indicators from my bike for me. they melted in the tank. not cheap indicators either but cheap Ali I'm guessing.