Thread: Anyone got a Relum Tornado?

Anyone got a Relum Tornado?

Hi.
    Can anyone with a Relum tornado do me a favour & measure the dovetail groove on which the rear sight mounts?
    I've got a Diana/milbro model 76 which is missing the rear sight, it has a dovetail groove across the breech end of the barrel similar I believe to the tornado & I was wondering if one would fit as it might be easier to find.
    I'd be very grateful if anyone could let me know the width of the top of the dovetail, the width of the bottom & depth.
    Also if they're compatible & anyone has a Tornado rear sight for sale (or a Diana 76 one of course!), please let me know.

I have a Tornado s, there isn't a rear sight dove tail on that, maybe older models?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilnrLincoln View Post
    Hi.
    Can anyone with a Relum tornado do me a favour & measure the dovetail groove on which the rear sight mounts?
    I've got a Diana/milbro model 76 which is missing the rear sight, it has a dovetail groove across the breech end of the barrel similar I believe to the tornado & I was wondering if one would fit as it might be easier to find.
    I'd be very grateful if anyone could let me know the width of the top of the dovetail, the width of the bottom & depth.
    Also if they're compatible & anyone has a Tornado rear sight for sale (or a Diana 76 one of course!), please let me know.
    The width at base is 9.5mm and at the top 8.5mm and depth is 1.5mm measured using a steel rule - all these measurements are approximate and should really be measured with vernier calipers but I seem to have mislaid mine! This should give you some idea though.
    Hope this helps.
    Aubrey

Brilliant, thanks very much. I'll get my vernier out tomorrow & measure the dovetail on the Diana.