Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder coating

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    No - just rubbed down and degreased. I found by using the satin, I could wipe it with an oily (Ballistol) cloth and it produced a simikar sheen to a properly blued/blacked surface.
    Thus could be the way forward for him, Sure they sell this in wilko's.

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Thus could be the way forward for him, Sure they sell this in wilko's.
    At around £8 for an aerosol that would do several guns, its worth a try. As with any spraying, it should be applied in several thin coats.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    At around £8 for an aerosol that would do several guns, its worth a try. As with any spraying, it should be applied in several thin coats.
    Yes it's worth a try, And thanks all for the advice,

If its that rough that your willing to paint why not try hot blueing with heat and old engine oil plenty vids on tube showing excellent results.if he's likely to want rid soon think he'd struggle to get rid of a painted hw80 unless real real cheap would prob have more luck getting rid as it is now

Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    If its that rough that your willing to paint why not try hot blueing with heat and old engine oil plenty vids on tube showing excellent results.if he's likely to want rid soon think he'd struggle to get rid of a painted hw80 unless real real cheap would prob have more luck getting rid as it is now
    Yes you could be right, He would not have payed much for it, The stock is ok, Does have some marks but no splits or anything and the trigger is working fine.

RichardH is a great guy, salt of the earth he does excellent work too. Collins Molloy is very good too a bit more expensive my earlier projects with him were top notch but the last couple felt a little rushed. Costing wise definitely RichardH but you'll get good cheap results with a spray can, I wouldn't go too cheap on paint if you want a good finish

Just be careful of moving parts cause they can get clogged up.

Cerakote is good but most tutorials are from the USA. Home blueing never works unless you have tonnes of patience and ground work is done.

It's difficult but I'd go to Richard 1st then select your next best option if that doesn't work out.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kash2001 View Post
    RichardH is a great guy, salt of the earth he does excellent work too. Collins Molloy is very good too a bit more expensive my earlier projects with him were top notch but the last couple felt a little rushed. Costing wise definitely RichardH but you'll get good cheap results with a spray can, I wouldn't go too cheap on paint if you want a good finish

Just be careful of moving parts cause they can get clogged up.

Cerakote is good but most tutorials are from the USA. Home blueing never works unless you have tonnes of patience and ground work is done.

It's difficult but I'd go to Richard 1st then select your next best option if that doesn't work out.

Good luck.
    Yes thanks for that, If it was mine I most probably go with you on this, If I do in the future decide to get my hw50 done I will contact the chap above, I've held on to the gun as I also have a old 35e which looks nice as a matching pair as the 50 looks like the little brother,

dont do it - its defo the wrong thing to use....

Quote Originally Posted by RapidTM1000 View Post
    dont do it - its defo the wrong thing to use....
    Normally I would agree, He would get his money back if he sold the stock and trigger plus there was scopes and a gun bag with it,

Hi, have you thought of rust bluing?Plenty advice on the net the whole process can be sped up by steaming using an old wall paper steamer and a piece of pipe,as I said plenty of info on the net,done a few old guns and they have turned out ok more black than blue but it's an easy process and rewarding(how are you Guy).

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    Hi, have you thought of rust bluing?Plenty advice on the net the whole process can be sped up by steaming using an old wall paper steamer and a piece of pipe,as I said plenty of info on the net,done a few old guns and they have turned out ok more black than blue but it's an easy process and rewarding(how are you Guy).
    Hi stu bud, How's things mate, It's my mates gun he just wanted to make it look a bit better, I will myself tho have a look on the net on my next days off , May come in handy for the future, Been struggling with the guns to be honest, Mainly for time, I'm on the cycle quite a lot and the motorbikes also fishing is starting to kick back in, With walking the dogs and the Mrs ganging her mind with the garden every year along with changing the house about I can hardly remember where the light switches are, Will catch up with you on my days off tho ok stu, Hope all OK with you bud.