Thread: Crosman AR2250 project

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Crosman AR2250 project

Been building this very slowly for a few years now, and it's finally finished both internally and externally.
    It has cost a terrifying amount

Matt W delrin reflex moddy
    Leapers bug buster scope
    Gmac steel breech, extended probe, extra long bolt handle, ali end cap and stock adaptor.
    Tippmann AR stock
    Bluefork trigger frame
    Josma high flow transfer port
    stopped spring guide to reduce hammer bounce
    Picatinny rail under gas tube attached to twin barrel bands
    grip and angled foregrip from the bay

http://imgur.com/a/Yos8N

It handles like an absolute dream, shooting at about 9.5 FPE, and I can't wait to get it on the range next week
    Good deals with these members

that's a good looking rifle.

still on the rear CO2 bottle or a front one?

mine was pretty much standard other than a rabbit stopper barrel and Delrin moderator. I stored the spare seals and the tiny Allen key for the breach bolt in the front cap as mine was a rear bottle.

Thanks
    Still gas in the front. I may go the whole hog with CO2 bulk fill at some point, but I'll more likely do that with my QB78.
    If I'm fiddling with a crosman one of the first things I'll get is a slotted breech screw - the amount of times you have to tear them down and rebuild them means that that tiny allen screw isn't long for this world!

as I said in my post. mine was the rear 88grm bottle. I did put a fitting on the end of the bottle to bulk fill it. tapped the bottle and put the fitting in. used a soda stream bottle and paintball hose cheap bulk fill . might not have been the safest . I could use the soda stream to fill the 88grm bottle or run it from the soda stream bottle.

I sold the rifle to fund my gun cabinet.

they are handy rifles .very light .took a fair few bunnies with it when close to the warrens .

if you could fit your bulk fill in the stock it would look as good as it is now.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Shame there isn't a drool smiley!
    I've been tinkering with my 2240 for years now, it's never going to be finished- a never ending project- like my '78. What is it about these cheap to buy CO2 pistols and rifles that draw you in? I have several allegedly good air rifles and pistols but the CO2 guns just make me smile!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

My rear fill 88 gram model leaks everywhere.
    Stopped trying to fix it as taking p*ss.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    That's a good looking gun you've made there
    I particularly like the trigger frame and AR grip.
    Was the Bluefork trigger frame as much hassle to get hold of as they are reputed to be?

Only thing I would change would be to get the stock adaptor anodised to keep the 'black rifle' theme...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    That's a good looking gun you've made there
    I particularly like the trigger frame and AR grip.
    Was the Bluefork trigger frame as much hassle to get hold of as they are reputed to be?

Only thing I would change would be to get the stock adaptor anodised to keep the 'black rifle' theme...
    I got the BF trigger through HPA Sports, which is the way to get them.
    The maker earned himself a bad reputation when people were dealing with him direct; quite common in the airgun world in my experience - good engineers often aren't very good businessmen.
    But the way to do it is wait until he makes a batch for HPA, and then buy it from them as they are mail order business with a decent reputation. It was about 10 days from purchase to delivery. Got stung for VAT though, but that's not their fault.

The trigger is single stage but very crisp. Different to, but on a par with the Crosmods trigger. I'd definitely recommend one. You can even get an AR grip that takes 1911 grip panels, so it does open up a whole other realm of customisation.

I was considering spraying the stock adaptor, but at the moment I kind of like the isolated bit of bling