Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
Many of the "older" match pistols (and rifles) also made good use of plastic mouldings with all of the top quality manufacturers using moulded plastic in one way or another and have been doing so since the second world war when target shooting with .177 airguns started to become a more popular pastime.

As an aside, I have been collecting match airguns of all types since I started in the 1960's and have noticed the use of plastic in many "top quality" and highly desirable early match rifles - Walther especially made very good use of plastics - so this is not a new idea and is most certainly not restricted to "modern" or "current" match pistols and rifles.
Bob, which Walther match rifles ? If you mean LG55 springer then yes,trigger guard. If you mean ssp LG90, LGM-1 and LGM-2 and 210 then apart from the actual trigger blades there is no 'plastic' that I have ever seen 'in' them.

The LGR Walthers first ground breaking ssp only had the same plastic trigger guard as the 55 and a plastic cocking handle.