Thread: Air rifle power

Air rifle power

Good morning ,I have just chrono'd I hope correctly my Hatsan AT44 .22 using Jsb 15gr did it twice 528 &531fps so am I right in the ftlbs is 9.39 ,conditions dry and carpeted toilet door still in 1 piece, come on Tac you should be up by now.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyonsofor View Post
    Good morning ,I have just chrono'd I hope correctly my Hatsan AT44 .22 using Jsb 15gr did it twice 528 &531fps so am I right in the ftlbs is 9.39

Yes

That seems a bit low but make sure it is charged at the right pressure. Too high and too low can reduce power and there is often a best pressure with (unregulated) pcps.

As said above ref the pressure 20bar or so under max fill is a good place to be.

Also remember different pellets will be more or less efficient in any given barrel so try a few others before deciding it is or isn't too low.

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    I don't know of any JSBs that weigh 15gr.

If you were using Jumbo exacts, they weigh ~ 15.89gr, Which puts your output at 9.95fpe.

power

Hi one and all thanks for the input,pressure well within the green, barrel nice and clean and the pellets were jumbo's 15.89's so time to screw it out anti clockwise .