Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
I asked this same question a few months ago and was supplied with the same excellent recommendations (apart from MTC), I ended up with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x50, which I have to admit is an excellent scope for what I payed for it secondhand off here, I wanted something that would sit on my Theoben Sirocco 2000 and only had a certain amount of clearance because of the fixed scope mounts, the Nikon fits with just a small amount of room before it would hit the main body (it's that close I can't get the lens cap on), I also love Bushnells and about six years ago picked up a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 (after reading how good they are) to replace my Legend but the Legend just had the edge, so sold the Nikon on to fund another project (like we do), I haven't tested it yet in the field as I've not had time to get out but I'm hoping it is just as good as the Legend (not that it's replacing it this time as the Legend is permanently mated to my Prosport) as it has the 50 front lens that should put it on a par, a no fuss scope with no silly extras I don't really need and hopefully the nice bright lenses I'm going to need.

Pete
Thanks, be nice to know how you get on with it !