Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An "All Round" Air Rifle Scope, Spring or PCP ?

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I can't wait to try my night vision on it for a bit of ratting.
    Great to be back on a simple .22 rig again
    Hurry up and get your arse back down here then mate
    ..... The pigs are back now and, I haven't been for a while so, bring lots of pellets

Atb

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I have recently acquired a Vortex Diamondback and a Vortex viper, both very nice
    i want your viper!! lol swap you a tin of pellets for it!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Well so far, likely contenders are;
    (Uttings prices)
    Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40AO £260.
    Nikon Pro Staff EFR 3-9x40AO £160.
    Falcon Optics M18 4-18x44 SFP 30mm Tube £200.
    Sightron SIH 4-12x40AO HFT Mil-Dot £260. (Not Uttings)

Note, I already have the Nikon mounted on a SFS Brum Longbow so I'm aware of its capabilities.
    The Vortex is above my stated budget but I've seen one and I like it !
    The Falcon sounds nice but I've never had a Falcon scope so that one's a mystery to me but it looks impressive !
    All are Adjustable Objective apart from the Falcon.

I should add, apart from all the obvious requirements, the scope will be used on spring and gas ram air rifles and MUST be able to hold zero !
    i looked at the sightron at length john.., the fov is narrow but i bet its good glass., look in your inbox john.....,

bob on your budget!!!!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Hurry up and get your arse back down here then mate
    ..... The pigs are back now and, I haven't been for a while so, bring lots of pellets

Atb
    oink!!!!

right you are sir!!!!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    i looked at the sightron at length john.., the fov is narrow but i bet its good glass., look in your inbox john.....,

bob on your budget!!!!!
    Yeah, many thanks for that Rhys, it does look good as does the Sightron.
    I'm off to the Northern S. Show on Sat. so I'm hoping to spot something there maybe ? At least I may be able to check some Glass out !
    “An airgun or two”………

Info.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Yeah, many thanks for that Rhys, it does look good as does the Sightron.
    I'm off to the Northern S. Show on Sat. so I'm hoping to spot something there maybe ? At least I may be able to check some Glass out !
    Forget the Sightron SIH 4-12x40AO HFT Mil-Dot.....or any other reticle build of the same model.

Because although the glass is good, the build quality of this Philippines built scope is terrible.

I purchased one (with another ret) and the front lense ring is eccentric to the front bell housing, this cannot be fixed and is present on all the stock at a major UK supplier. If you want quality then look elsewhere from this model. I don't expect that the optical performance is affected by this, just that it's not right and I get the feeling that this model is built to a low budget and hence the low QC.

It's a real shame.
    Purbeck Field Target Club.