Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gamo Vipermax

Hi Marky, thank you for that.

I've just found and had a quick look at the Charlie da Tuna B19 tune guide....easy peasy!

Thanks again.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I managed to grab a little more plinking time with the little Gamo earlier and I must say, I'm really warming to this little gun.

In addition to the stock and its features that I've previously mentioned, the curved trigger block is reminiscent of the old Mercury. I know, I know, it's only a "plug" into the end of the cylinder and not part of the trigger block, I've often thought this when I've seen pictures of a few Gamo models.

But, when shooting it today, it also dawned on me that, apart from the different feel afforded by the plastic stock, the handling also reminds me of the Mercury.

It was blowing a gale when I was shooting and me and the gun were getting knocked about a lot, but the little gun was easily printing repeatable tight little groups. I was using the AA Diabolo Hunter pellets which came free with the gun. I don't do pointed pellets and these are also heavier than I'd normally choose, but I thought I may as well use them up and it's likely that the barrel is leaded in with them anyway.

I really ought to run it over the chrono at some point. I have a weird feeling that, despite the very easy cocking action and the mild firing manners, the output will be quite healthy. Could be totally wrong, though, so always better to check.

Looking forward to having a peek inside and seeing if we can easily reduce the twang.

As I may have mentioned earlier, I've always half fancied trying a Gamo, but when you ask about them you always tend to get so little feedback about them. And so far this little gun has done nothing but impress.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Me too

Found your thread.

Had a pcp for a year. Was toying with the idea of a springer as a learning project.

A guy at work gave me a surface rusting vipermax .22. Enjoyed shooting it. I like the stock. Came with aa fields chrony 10.2 ft lbs. Found them lose through barrel on a push through. Bought h&n extreme hunter yet to chrony.

Tonight did the rc bearing trigger mod. God lord hair trigger cant wait to go to range.

Plan to:

Clean and polish internals.

Then consider a kit.

Then Get gunsmith to crop to 16" and add 1/2 inches thread.

Then sort surface rust.

Just for hell of it. Folks on another airgun forum say it will have bsa internals.

Btw does this forum use tapatalk because real pain using this old school forum on mobile. Can not figure out how to attach groupings picture.

hi

I was just given one of these free and I'm looking at fixing up as my first springer. (PCP for one year). A what hell learning project. Not much out there about them. Googled for hours.

I too like the ergonomics. .22 Getting 10.2 ft lbs with Exacts, 20p groups at 10m rested. Exacts push through really easy. Tight at crown. Bought some larger h&n extreme but not used at range yet.

Did the trigger fix at weekend using a R/C bearing. http://www./itm/182424047169. Very light trigger but you can not feel 2nd stage. Safety still works. Not tried a range.

Plan to

Service internals and add piston shelve this weekend if de-greaser and grease turn up. See if its any better.

Then

chop to 16", 1/2" thread and recrown barrel. Maybe a barrel sleeve as blacking is really poor

Then upgrade internals. On the "other forum" a guy got parts for it from Tinbum.

[When is this forum going tapatalk!]