Thread: Anschutz 335

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anschutz 335

I have one of these to rebuild.

Looks very easy. Stock off. Barrel off. Put in compressor, push in trigger unit, push out pins. Loosen compressor, all done.

Any little quirks I am missing?

Thanks, guys.

Not really stripping but give the stock fixings a good looking at as the welds have been known to break.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Not really stripping but give the stock fixings a good looking at as the welds have been known to break.

ATB
    Ian
    Having had first hand experience of that I will definitely second this advice
    Dave

Thanks, guys.

Yes, the reason for the rebuild is that I acquired one in OK condition with a broken lug on the cylinder, then (to my pleasant surprise) found a replacement cylinder with the lugs intact.

If I need to replace the spring (e.g. if some previous owner shoved an Ox in there), any views on a sensible replacement? I'd be very happy to have it ticking over at 9-10 ft/lbs in .22".

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Thanks, guys.

Yes, the reason for the rebuild is that I acquired one in OK condition with a broken lug on the cylinder, then (to my pleasant surprise) found a replacement cylinder with the lugs intact.

If I need to replace the spring (e.g. if some previous owner shoved an Ox in there), any views on a sensible replacement? I'd be very happy to have it ticking over at 9-10 ft/lbs in .22".
    I cant help on that one mate. I have one with an old cut down Venom spring doing about 11.7 in .177 and another that came to me with a standard brand new spring also in .177 that I think is just under 11. I would add that both have gone over to ptfe however.

If you still have the lug attachment I wouldnt scrap the old cylinder by the way. I am sure there is someone out there with the skill to weld it back on stronger than it was originally?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    I cant help on that one mate. I have one with an old cut down Venom spring doing about 11.7 in .177 and another that came to me with a standard brand new spring also in .177 that I think is just under 11. I would add that both have gone over to ptfe however.

If you still have the lug attachment I wouldnt scrap the old cylinder by the way. I am sure there is someone out there with the skill to weld it back on stronger than it was originally?

Dave
    Thanks, Dave. Sadly, the old lug was not included.

How easy is the conversion to a PTFE seal?