Thread: Anschutz 335

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A friend of mine has a WBPS 335. I couldn't wait to have a go with it...oh dear...not that impressed sorry to say and it was a full custom job. Mach 1.5

Interesting. My March 1985 copy of Sporting Air Rifle includes a test of the Webley Omega, and a round up of 12 months worth of rifle tests, including the RWS45, HW80 and 77, FWB Sport, Airmasters Sport, Annie 335, Kestock Sharp Ace. Most accurate of the bunch was the as-yet unnamed WBPS Anschutz custom 335 - .19" groups at 25 yards with Mount Star/Beeman Silver jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Interesting. My March 1985 copy of Sporting Air Rifle includes a test of the Webley Omega, and a round up of 12 months worth of rifle tests, including the RWS45, HW80 and 77, FWB Sport, Airmasters Sport, Annie 335, Kestock Sharp Ace. Most accurate of the bunch was the as-yet unnamed WBPS Anschutz custom 335 - .19" groups at 25 yards with Mount Star/Beeman Silver jets.
    Pretty impressive. And it does make me wonder if the seemingly better manufactured pellets these days could even.improve upon.that in.the right hands?
    When I had my eye in (too many years ago) I could produce groups that would definitely beat what I could turn out with my HW80 all day long
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    A friend of mine has a WBPS 335. I couldn't wait to have a go with it...oh dear...not that impressed sorry to say and it was a full custom job. Mach 1.5
    In that case I may well have been disappointed. And I guess that perhaps back in those days they may not have been undertaking quite as extensive work as are undertaken these days on full blown works to converted springers?
    Thats blown my dream there
    Dave