Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anschutz 335

[QUOTE=Hsing-ee;7253322]What is with the PTFE? Has someone got shares in T.R.Robb? Or is it the Brexit making everyone party like its 1987? PTFE can be slammy, deformy, has a high thermal expansion coefficient and looks like a suspension bush from a cheap sports kit. It has zero tolerance for cylinder variagies.

Get yourself a proper parachute seal on it, you can get the converter thing and the seal from Vortek. Buy American like Mr Trump says and make yourself a true Patriot.

Here is their UK supplier ... e-mail him for a quote on an adaptor and seal, I think it was £16 last time.

http://www.agrtuning.co.uk/

Degrease the piston and screw, put a dab of loctite on the threads, screw on the adaptor and massage the parachute into place. Bob's your lucky Uncle.[/QUOTE

No shares in Robb, fella. Just saying my experience of using that material. Clearly your experience is different to mine and you must tell it as you see it. This is what I have done. Don't forget back in the day there was very little choice as an alternative to the leather original (and many would advocate sticking with originality). Clearly there is much more choice these days and my preference nowadays would be for a softer parachute type seal similar to many mainstream OEM seals.
    That said my experience of using PTFE seals does not lean me towards any rush to strip down those guns already converted and swap over.

By the way. You don't have shares in Vortek by any chance do you
    Dave

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    [QUOTE=jonnyone;7253335]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

By the way. You don't have shares in Vortek by any chance do you
    Dave
    Ha ha undeclared interests, in 2017? They make super seals, thats all....