Thread: Has anyone used a Hatsan Nova?

Has anyone used a Hatsan Nova?

I have accidentally stumbled upon a Hatsan buddy bottle air rifle on the net and it looks quite interesting. I think it is available over here so does anyone know what it is like??
    Cheers
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I guess not then :-)

Is that in Airgun World this month?

I stumbled across it on the net, have not seen it in the mags.
    Rich

Picked up the mags yesterday, cripes! The synthetic version is hideous, it was the wood stocked version that caught my eye.
    Has anyone actually shot one?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Picked up the mags yesterday, cripes! The synthetic version is hideous, it was the wood stocked version that caught my eye.
    Has anyone actually shot one?

Yes

I have had half hour with one, a mate bought it new and we went to range to scope it up and have a bash, now I like buddy bottled rifles and have rapids, the hatsan is heavy but benching it didnt matter but I wouldn't hunt with it. This was a .22 and it all functions well, cocking was notchey but should improve, accuracy was OK but nothing special, this we think was down to the fps spread we saw over 10 strings, this could be the lack of regulator ? We did clean the barrel first thing, theres grease like stuff in there from new and we tried plenty of pellets and the best we could get was 30mm group at 40yds, and the reason we thought reg was the groups seemed oval in shape, 30 high and 20 wide . The best pellet through chrono was not the most accurate though.

Overall it feels big and heavy with acceptable performance in function, but Id rather buy a mk1 rapid use it fir a few years and get my money back when its sold
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Thanks for the first hand experience. It looks to me like they should spec a smaller buddy bottle for the UK sub 12 market.
    Rich