Thread: Latest re: Steyr LP50

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    But could you own one before 97 ?

I seem to remember FX made a very nice one for the Americans.
    not sere be honest. I think they have always been prohibited .maybe before the 1968( not sure on the exact year) act they could have been.

only air pistols on FAC is the TAC or BAC brocock. sec5 I'm sure.

Interesting take on the law by our friend Tac. I was always under the impression that a lethal barrelled weapon of more than 1 Joule of ME is classed as fire arms. The exceptions to requiring an FAC would then determine that we could have sub 12s air rifles and sub 6 none self loading air pistols without an FAC.
    The bottom line is that the law regarding the firearms is in a right royal mess and sooner or later needs calrifying, not for the lawyers and police officers but for the genral public that is the user and therefore responsible to the law.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Interesting take on the law by our friend Tac. I was always under the impression that a lethal barrelled weapon of more than 1 Joule of ME is classed as fire arms. The exceptions to requiring an FAC would then determine that we could have sub 12s air rifles and sub 6 none self loading air pistols without an FAC.
    The bottom line is that the law regarding the firearms is in a right royal mess and sooner or later needs calrifying, not for the lawyers and police officers but for the genral public that is the user and therefore responsible to the law.

A.G
    That's the very first time in well over 10000 posts [yes, I've been here before] that anybody has referred to me as a 'friend'. I'll remember that you wrote that.

tac