Thread: Custom airseals australia stingray/60s gas ram... UK sub 12 suitable?

Custom airseals australia stingray/60s gas ram... UK sub 12 suitable?

I was having a look at hw piston seals on thier uk flea bay shop and stumbled across thier gas ram. http://www./itm/WEBLEY-AND-SCOTT-HAT...4AAOSwax5YxgdR
    I have a 60s so it's basically a vw with a skoda badge and it should fit without any problems and at under £33 to your door it seems like a bargain.
    My problem is I have no idea what the 50kg rating translates to in expected power output. The info given doesn't suggest it could push the rifle into FAC territory and I know Australia doesn't have the same restrictions as us.
    I tried emailing them and someone called Laurie got back to me saying "they are full power so probably over 12"
    Should they not have a warning on a uk site if this is the case?
    Has anyone bought/tried one?
    Last edited by Plinker87; 25-04-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plinker87 View Post
    I was having a look at hw piston seals on thier uk flea bay shop and stumbled across thier gas ram. http://www./itm/WEBLEY-AND-SCOTT-HAT...4AAOSwax5YxgdR
    I have a 60s so it's basically a vw with a skoda badge and it should fit without any problems and at under £33 to your door it seems like a bargain.
    My problem is I have no idea what the 50kg rating translates to in expected power output. The info given doesn't suggest it could push the rifle into FAC territory and I know Australia doesn't have the same restrictions as us.
    I tried emailing them and someone called Laurie got back to me saying "they are full power so probably over 12"
    Should they not have a warning on a uk site if this is the case?
    Has anyone bought/tried one?
    The 60s is in the same vein as the hw80. They were designed to run at higher ftlbs than 12 ftlbs. They are detuned for the UK market.

If you fit the ram it could take your rifle over 12 ftlbs as the ram is fir the full power version of the rifle.

Plus their ad says .177 and .22. When theoben were selling rams for other brands rifles a .177 ram in a .22 took the rifle over power. So you had to ask for the right ram for your calibre.
    Last edited by bighit; 25-04-2017 at 11:44 AM.

I have a 100mm ram here from Laurie which I will be fitting into my Tomahawk, I intend to short stroke the Tommy down to 82mm so I will have to machine the rod down on the ram and set the power that way, end result should be a quite unstressed ram!

Bighit - the one I saw on the shop was listed in .22 only so I was hoping it would be set and suitable for the uk as it didn't appear with any FAC warnings. Looks like I'll need to give this a miss. I'd hoped as it would be similar part that is used in the uk sub 12 gas ram 60s...

Artfulbodger- now your just showing off!

Quote Originally Posted by Plinker87 View Post
    Bighit - the one I saw on the shop was listed in .22 only so I was hoping it would be set and suitable for the uk as it didn't appear with any FAC warnings. Looks like I'll need to give this a miss. I'd hoped as it would be similar part that is used in the uk sub 12 gas ram 60s...

Artfulbodger- now your just showing off!
    there is companies in the UK selling rams that would be set ( might need a tweak) for sub12ftlbs http://www.airgunbuyer.com/ShowProducts.asp?cat=Theoben Gas Rams&SubCat=Theoben Gas Rams
    what I meant is if you had got the one from custom air seals it may have taken your rifle over 12ftlbs .

as I said in my first post ,the 60s is like the hw 80 and was designed for more than 12ftlbs outside of the UK

http://www.hatsan.com.tr/en_mod_60s.html 800fps in .22 . that's more than 12ftlbs

* The energy restrictions of a particular country can be achieved by the reduction in the muzzle velocity. The above maximum velocity figures are obtained when there is no energy restriction on the air rifle.

there is a Hassan 60s with a gas ram in the UK.

http://www.hatsan.com.tr/en_vortex.html

supposedly these ones can be adjusted. never seen one in the flesh or anyone that bought one.

https://sharg.pl/product-pol-103612-...TYPE-1-ST.html

page translated

Vortex Gas Piston TYPE-1 ST, set of 17 J gas springs for Hatsan airguns: 55, 60, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90 with Quattro Trigger system. The Vortex spring-loaded shooting comfort is incomparable to any other spring winder available on the market. Suitable for Hatsan airgun clones, among others. Ranger carabiners.
    Vortex Gas Piston®, patented innovative spring gas springs technology developed and manufactured by Hatsan Arms. Smooth running of the spring, smaller repetition, repetition of each shot, improves the accuracy of the shotgun also over long distances (with much higher shot off velocity), no downflow velocity and identical windscreen parameters (no gas spring wear) During the whole service life).
    Vortex TYPE-1 ST, the set enables the replacement of the classic Hatsan spring airgun with a modern gas spring equipped with 17 J energy compliant with Polish law. Hatsan has made it possible to upgrade the previously acquired airguns by replacing the main spring metal with modern gas.
    The innovative technology of Vortex® Gas Piston enables:
    Replacing the main metal spring with gas in most Hatsan air rifles
    The possibility of smooth tuning, the spring has a hole for pumping (max. 150 bar) with a cylinder or a PCP pump in the range of 7 J, through 17 J, to the maximum energy for a given windcheater model.
    Use for compressed air drive, not in the springs of other noble gases manufacturers (which irritates the price of the spring, makes it impossible to smooth the tuning).
    Hatsan offers 7 models of Vortex Gas Piston springs:
    Type-1 Models: 55, 60, 70, 75, 80, 88, 90
    Type-1B Models: 85, 95, 99
    Type-2 Models: 125, 125TH, 125 Sniper, 135, Torpedo: 150, 150TH, 155
    Type-3 Models: Striker 1000S, Striker 1000X, Striker Edge
    Type-4 Models: Dominator, Dominator Carbine
    Type-5 Models: Torpedo 100X, Torpedo 105X
    Type-6 Models: 25 SuperTact, 25 SuperCharger

you would need to pump it up and fit then Chrono it.if not at the right ftlbs you have to strip it again and do the same till its right. 17joules is 12.5 ftlbs.
    Last edited by bighit; 25-04-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Thumbs up

Thank you for that link thats exactly what I'm looking for. Good man!