Thread: New HW'S where are they made?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Now they have the white etching on the breach block you would be forgiven they were of Chinese origin.

I don't like it ,I think they look un finished now & cheapens them some what.

Not seen etched yet.
    I won't like it.

OO Sounds pants
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Interesting Thread !
    Possibly not China but I could imagine in time, part if if not most of the airgun manufacturing facility of Weihrauch being transferred to Turkey. Afterall, the Germans do have strong immigration and industrial links with that country.
    The "mass produced air rifle business" of other leading German gun makers, seems to have declined over the last 30 years or so. I'm thinking of companies such as; Anschutz, Feinwerkbau, Walther, who now only make "top end" shooting products, so maybe Weihrauch will ultimatly go the same way ?
    The German firearms industry as a whole though appears to go from strength to strength with companies such as Blaser, Sauer, Anschutz, Walther, Mauser, Schmeisser, Heckler & Koch etc. producing some of the finest sports, military and match centrefire rifles and sidearms in the world. I cannot see them ever relinquishing this part of their industry.

Nothing lasts forever as they say and we are always going to be subject to change especialy as in the "world situation" at present.
    Afterall, I now see that the "Blue Riband" chocolate bar is now going to be made in Poland !
    “An airgun or two”………

Just because something is made in China doesn't mean it is of inferior quality. iPhones are made in China. They will manufacture anything the customers want to their price point.

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    Just because something is made in China doesn't mean it is of inferior quality. iPhones are made in China. They will manufacture anything the customers want to their price point.
    Indeed.

I have recently bought "German" PC power supply units that are made in China but all the QA is done in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    Hear, hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Afterall, I now see that the "Blue Riband" chocolate bar is now going to be made in Poland !
    Oh dear a case of mistaken identity "Blue Riband" is a chocolate biscuit not a chocolate bar
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Oh dear a case of mistaken identity "Blue Riband" is a chocolate biscuit not a chocolate bar
    Yes, I did realise that just after I posted !
    Been ages since I had one.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Oh dear me! Have you ever actually eaten one? The "Blue Riband" is obviously a chocolate wafer.