Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sumatra pcp

sumatra pcp

hi i have over filled my sumatra pcp can i release air ?

Just dry fire it until enough air is out

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Well, the tension's killing me!

(have you tried dry firing it?)
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I had read of someone over filling one of these to the extent that the valve could not get opened by the hammer.

A.G

trigger and action works but its not releasing air my sons rifle ive just been left with the problem !

The valve could be ! I have one here in the same state, i stripped it enough to bleed some pressure, but it still wouldn't fire.

And me. I have a 500cc one. Put it away fully charged @180bar for a month or so, came to fire it and just got the 'click'.
    I removed the hammer and manually struck the valve in case it was sticking , emptied it completely, refilled to 100bar, an reassembelled, but it still wont fire.
    Thats another one put to one side to sort out!

thanks everyone for your help i will take it in to be sorted

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    remove the hammer spring guide / end block thingy and hammer spring . Use a stout ally or brass rod in the hammer. tap the end with a hammer such that you are effectively using the rifle's steel hammer to actuate the valve, with the force coming from your hammer taps via the rod (rather than relying on the hammer spring). It may take a while - don't rush. Also, it's likely there will be at least one pellet loaded into the barrel, so it's going to come shooting out when you release the air...

the valve's surface area is huge (around 8mm dia), hence they can be easily pressure locked if over-filled.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Skipton on a farm on the moors with 100s of sheep
    Quote Originally Posted by daveballen View Post
    hi i have over filled my sumatra pcp can i release air ?
    Hold fire Dave i will give a mate of mine a call he was a gunsmith with AC Guns the importers of the Samyang sumatra's and the Evanix range i will get back to you as soon as i have spoken to him and let you know what he had to say
    "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, DO PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    remove the hammer spring guide / end block thingy and hammer spring . Use a stout ally or brass rod in the hammer. tap the end with a hammer such that you are effectively using the rifle's steel hammer to actuate the valve, with the force coming from your hammer taps via the rod (rather than relying on the hammer spring). It may take a while - don't rush. Also, it's likely there will be at least one pellet loaded into the barrel, so it's going to come shooting out when you release the air...

the valve's surface area is huge (around 8mm dia), hence they can be easily pressure locked if over-filled.
    Thats what I done, emptied it fine slowly, but it still would not fire when re filled and reassembled.
    I have not had chance to look at it since.

Skipton on a farm on the moors with 100s of sheep
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun FX2000 View Post
    Hold fire Dave i will give a mate of mine a call he was a gunsmith with AC Guns the importers of the Samyang sumatra's and the Evanix range i will get back to you as soon as i have spoken to him and let you know what he had to say
    pm sent to you mike with steve's contact number he will be able to talk you through sorting out the problem
    "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, DO PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS ?"

Jeez, you did better than me!

They never replied to my emails.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    The valve could be ! I have one here in the same state, i stripped it enough to bleed some pressure, but it still wouldn't fire.
    snap mine is still pressure locked and it is below the 200bar fill pressure. AC guns say it should not be pressure locked at 190bar but i confirmed mine is. Will get it sorted when i can be arsed

They sound crap. I'll offer you all £40 each for them.