Thread: TX200 barrel - pellet fit

imorik is offline I stick my head out and take it on the chin.

TX200 barrel - pellet fit

Have a tx200 mk2 and a mk3hc. Using same pellets (AA Express) in both. Loading the mk2 the pellet slips in easy but the mk3 is really tight, sometimes the pellet will not fit (variation in pellet size). Is it possible to ream the bore a little so pellet slips in easier or is it a bad idea ?
    AA TX200 MK2 .177, MK3 Barrel, long stroked & shortened T/P
    AA TX200 MK3 HC .177, 22mm internals, shortened T/P
    http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    A very light ream is fine

( i hope phil doesn't see this post )
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

There was a tuner, here in the U.S. , that always opened up the breech on all the guns he worked on. Some are a little too loose feeling, but the accuracy is stellar. I have 4 TX's out of my 8 that this tuner had a go at. He was the go to guy for the FT crowd some 20-25 years ago. All the guns have a nice little chamfer at the breech, but a couple seem a bit excessive. Leaves a bit of lost volume, but they shoot very well even after the original tune bits have long been replaced. Only the accuracy remains.

Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post
    There was a tuner, here in the U.S. , that always opened up the breech on all the guns he worked on. Some are a little too loose feeling, but the accuracy is stellar. I have 4 TX's out of my 8 that this tuner had a go at. He was the go to guy for the FT crowd some 20-25 years ago. All the guns have a nice little chamfer at the breech, but a couple seem a bit excessive. Leaves a bit of lost volume, but they shoot very well even after the original tune bits have long been replaced. Only the accuracy remains.
    Webley had a habit of chamfering the 'lead-in' on their barrels which works wonders, never found a pellet yet that doesn't slide into the bore nicely, I'll also take the opportunity to add that I shortened and recrowned the barrel on my 'Brummy/Xocet' the other day and was expecting at least a noticable drop in accuracy but no, none whatsoever, still stacks 'Premiers' almost one on top of the other at 25yds...

Don't understand why 'AA/Lothar Walther' don't install a lead-in on the barrels of their underlever springers as it can be an arse to get certain pellets to breach on TX's, not sure what the 'Prosport' is like as I've never had the opportunity to handle one...

I must admit loading pellets into the TX is a pain but my Mk3HC has no issues with AA Express pellets and is sooooooo accurate with them.

Phil

JSB Exact Jumbo RS/Falcon Accuracy + and Superdomes (there's that word again) both slip into the bore of my 'TX' nice and smooth and with very little resistance, shoot extremely well n'all, especially the RS's, absolutely no spring twang whatsoever and a beautifully soft thump at the shoulder !...

Ps, the 'domes' hit harder though !...