Thread: Airsporter S barrel question?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Airsporter S barrel question?

I am building a bitsa tap loading Airsporter S model, and I am thinking of shortening the barrel to get the carbine look and make it handle better, or more like my Pro sport anyway. So I am looking for suggestions and advice.

Now I know that short barrels shoot just as accurately as a long one at sub 45 yards, and as my Air arms pro sport shoots superbly to 55 yards with it's very short barrel in comps, so I have no worry about using a short barrel.

The surprising thing to me was that after testing it I have found no choke at all in the original full length S I have!!Is this normal? I might check a few of the other Airsporter actions I have myself to see if the standard models were choked.

How do you all think it will shoot before I chop it??? and has anyone else done it? I have shortened many of my own barrels before for HFT/Ft and hunting air rifles on my lathe so the engineering is no problem.

I would also like to know the barrel length of the original BSA Airsporter carbines/stutzens if anyone can help.
    Last edited by DEAN C.; 26-04-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    BASC